PDA

View Full Version : Estimating Advice

Scott H
03-01-2001, 06:42 PM
I have a lot of residential accounts, but not that many commercial accounts. This year I would like to try and get more commercial accounts. Does anyone have any advice as to, how do I go about finding commercial accounts. Also, what is the best way to estimate commercial accounts. What is an average per acre cost. Any responces would be appreciated:

Thanks,
Scott

guntruck
03-01-2001, 08:09 PM
As far as averages per cost on commercials i dont think there could be one. There are so many variables involved it makes it virtually impossible. As far as gaining commercial accounts im in the same boat as you. This year so far we literally (through the advice from lawnsite brothers) called places we wanted to cut and maintain and asked when they were accepting proposals for the grounds maintenance. We were too late on some and others we got to submit bids on. Thanks to that we now have the oppurtunity to take on 3 commercial apt complexes. However we wont be doing this, as Larry said "you cant run before you crawl" or something to that nature, we dont want in over our heads the first full year. As far as bidding the big commercials i have found it easy to break the property down into sections to estimate time that way. It was a little hard because im not sure what my equipment will do exactly ( i havent used it enough ) but that worked well for me and many others from what i was told here on L.S.. HOPE THIS HELPS

gway
03-02-2001, 10:14 PM
estimator...

some advice if you have the access would be to join your local chamber of commerace and that way your word and co will be out there... also think about going to the prop you are looking to pick up and look for the ## of the prop management...

good luk