PDA

View Full Version : Dept.of Ag pesticide letter about(ground water)

BRANDMEL
06-25-2005, 06:43 PM
I Hope I attached the files correctly!! If not I will try again. Read through this info!! Pesticides are safe when applied correctly?? What will we find in 25 more years??

BRANDMEL
06-25-2005, 06:57 PM
sorry!! I can't figure out how to change my scanner settings. I'll keep trying

BRANDMEL
06-25-2005, 07:58 PM
aaaarrrgghhh!!!!!!!!!!!! I give up, can't get'm to work

sheshovel
06-25-2005, 08:12 PM
I'm getting a pop up warning saying- invalid menu handle-
on my end when I try to open it

BRANDMEL
06-25-2005, 08:15 PM
Try this www.idahoag.us/Categories/Environment/water/waterPDF/factSheets/pesticides/Leachable_brochure.pdf

BRANDMEL
06-25-2005, 08:23 PM
And this... www.idahoag.us/Categories/Environment/water/waterPDF/factSheets/pesticides/blackfoot.pdf

BRANDMEL
06-25-2005, 08:45 PM
Anyway.... the cover letter that was attached to the info that I received in the mail read... "Attention licensed applicator... please help protect our ground water... apply only the labeled rate...bla,bla,bla" Like that's going to fix our ground water contamination. Interesting, all those state applicator point meetings I attend that are Monsanto funded...all we get told is pesticides are "safe-safe-safe-safe-safe" when all the label directions are followed correctly. When will it end? :angry:

Grandview
06-28-2005, 12:26 AM
Thats because they are safe.

BRANDMEL
06-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Geat!! I'll send ya some good ol-Idaho well water and you can drink it up. Oh-wait a minute, I'm sure you have other family members....make sure you share!!

nocutting
06-28-2005, 08:23 PM
Geat!! I'll send ya some good ol-Idaho well water and you can drink it up. Oh-wait a minute, I'm sure you have other family members....make sure you share!!
Hey Brandon, maybe the last poster really thinks pesticides are safe if used as the lable states?...........Maybe he attended the same "Big LCO" safety meeting I did ,that said asprin & caffine were worse than those "Healthy Pesticides" he was going to apply?....... :dizzy: :waving: lol,lol,lol.

BRANDMEL
06-30-2005, 11:59 PM
Hey Brandon, maybe the last poster really thinks pesticides are safe if used as the lable states?...........Maybe he attended the same "Big LCO" safety meeting I did ,that said asprin & caffine were worse than those "Healthy Pesticides" he was going to apply?....... :dizzy: :waving: lol,lol,lol.
Yah-That's right. Now Idaho water can be added to the lethal dose chart!!! This 5 gallon pale of sodium methyldithiocarbamate is safer than a glass of Idaho water....No wait, I have one better...Idaho water can now be sold as a soil fumigant, fungicide, pre&post herbicide, and a alllivingthingcide...I'm putting together a business plan right now!!!

Grandview
07-01-2005, 07:02 AM
Label it organic and I am sure it will sell.

dishboy
07-01-2005, 08:09 AM

Tell that to one of the kids from rural S.E. Idaho who was born malformed!

BRANDMEL
07-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Label it organic and I am sure it will sell.
That's good advice!! payup