PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys make average on fall/spring cleanups?

syzer
03-01-2001, 09:43 PM
The topic just about says it all =), what do you guys plan on making on clean-ups alone?

kutnkru
03-01-2001, 09:49 PM
I shoot for a minimum of 10/man-hrs for Spring,,,

And a minimum of 6/man-hrs for the Fall.

Hope this helps.
Kris

[Edited by kutnkru on 03-02-2001 at 01:51 AM]

Runner
03-01-2001, 09:54 PM
That sounds about right since it comes out polished. I have to say though, many of my places I get quite a bit less than that because they were left in pretty good shape in the Fall. A little touching up in the corners and around the edges, and perhaps a good combing.

gene gls
03-01-2001, 10:59 PM
Location and conditions = price. I am in a rural area with lots of trees and way too many leaves to mulch. My regular customers run from $30.00 for a small easy yard to $150.00 for a large yard in the spring.The fall clean up is a different story.I try to service the property every week or two just like mowing, only I am sucking up leaves to have them clean when the snow comes.I have some that I can blow into the woods which makes it easier.Last year I grossed around $5000.00 for fall clean up, part time + solo.

Gene

bdemir
03-01-2001, 11:03 PM
Where can i get the awesome smileys.

Bedros

bdemir
03-01-2001, 11:06 PM
Wait a minute how do you end up with more hours in the spring when the leaves fall in the fall?

Most my jobs dont even need spring clups cause they had the fall done. I dont see how the spring could be more.

Bedros

JimLewis
03-01-2001, 11:33 PM
There's no way to say what an average is. As little as $95 and as much as several thousand.

My goal is to make $550 or more per day for our 2 man clean-up crew. And when we have really big clean-ups that are difficult to estimate, I will charge a by-the-day rate. That rate is $550 per day. For that, they get my best 2 laborers for the entire day (usually 9-11 hours) and we'll haul away as much debris as we can get out in that time. It includes most of the chemicals we'd need for a job (e.g roundup, fertilizer, moss killer, etc.) except pre-emergents. But it doesn't include any plants, barkdust (mulch, as it's called outside the NW), etc.

You'd be surprised at how many people take us up on that deal. If I can't get a $550 all-day clean-up, I'll try to get in 2 $300 clean-ups that day. Or even 3 smaller clean-ups. But the point is, I am grossing $550 per day plus materials. With that, we can stay pretty profitable.

In the busiest part of the season we'll do 2 or 3 of these by-the-day jobs per week. The rest of the week that crew will do several smaller jobs each day or installs or something else.

65hoss
03-02-2001, 02:11 AM
bdemir-if someone didn't have the fall cleanup you have the leaves to deal with, plus the 1st edging of the year. That is why I get more for the spring.

KirbysLawn
03-02-2001, 02:25 AM
$35 per man hour.

lawnboy11
03-02-2001, 09:52 AM
On a property about 80*80 incl house and hardscapes I'll get 150$+. This is for houses that I did fall clean ups last year and don't have too many leaves. It includes thatching, mowing, edging, beds, pre emerge, fert, lime, seed(more $ for anything more than a few spot seedings).

lawnboy11
03-02-2001, 09:52 AM
On a property about 80*80 incl house and hardscapes I'll get 150$+. This is for houses that I did fall clean ups last year and don't have too many leaves. It includes thatching, mowing, edging, beds, pre emerge, fert, lime, seed(more $ for anything more than a few spot seedings). I can do 4-5 a day this size solo.

Strawbridge Lawn
03-02-2001, 09:59 AM
Depending upon whats is done, and job size, anywhere from 110-175$ at $20-25 p/hr.

BobR
03-02-2001, 10:13 AM
flat rate $35. per hr plus $20. a load to take the junk away (branches leaves etc.).. I work alone and the customer picks up the tab for road time if multiple loads of trash are involved.
Bob

65hoss
03-03-2001, 04:52 AM
If they are my regular customers its $35 hour. If they are one time only customers then its $45 hour. Usually, if I'm not normally there this means the homeowner does it. Means there is a lot more work involve to get it handled. They want you to put the good edge on it so they can neglect it most of the year.lol.

kutnkru
03-03-2001, 10:08 AM
Basically around mid-October we begin to mulch the leaves. By the time November hits we are blowing out the beds and bagging up the debris. I figure that during the course of the Fall until Thanksgiving that the average total extra time spent to prepare our properties for winter is roughly 6 hrs.

In the Spring we spend more time because we hand pick the leaves from each shrub and clean the ornamental beds until they are debris free. We will hand rake the turf areas to remove snow mold damage, and winter debris on the turf. Ornamental beds and turf are edged. Shrubs are sheared if necessary, and the inital mowing is performed. I have averaged out our times to be a minimum of 10 hrs per account. Thats the other reason why its so important to have good help, and pray that you get great laborers from the temp agencies.

Kris