PDA

View Full Version : Brick pavers

neversatisfiedj
06-28-2005, 10:39 AM
I have a job to reset a brick paver patio. Do you use the standard concrete paver installation ? Can I run a tamper over them without damaging them ? Thank - I have never done a ral brick paver patio , always concrete pavers, usually hanover or ephenry

sheshovel
06-29-2005, 12:56 AM
I would use a rug or pad on the tamper.

neversatisfiedj
06-29-2005, 09:14 AM
yes I agree. I was just worried if real brick would be more brittle than the modern concrete pavers.

Mowingman
06-29-2005, 09:24 AM
True PAVING brick is much harder and stronger than concrete pavers. However, the corners and edges are prone to chipping. I like to lay a thin sheet of plywood over the pavers before I use a plate compactor. This also keeps the plate from scuffing the brick surface.

PowerPlay
06-29-2005, 08:37 PM
Never had a problem going right over them with the compactor. You may get a couple chips here and there, but I have never really noticed it. I often use the modular brick pavers which are the thin ones and make several passes over them without any problems. No scuffing either. Don't waste time worrying about it or covering the pavers. I can post a pic of a pathway we did last week.