PDA

View Full Version : Which pruning shears to buy?

Lawn Sharks
06-28-2005, 06:03 PM
I have decided to put a holster on my belt to carry some pruning shears all the time. I currently seem to have them in my back pocket all the time anyway and it is chewing up my pants and car seats. Currently I have a pair of cheapies but now want some good ones that will last a long time.

Which ones are good all around shears for doing quick trims on shrubs etc.

Felco #2 pruners seems to be a good all rounder but was wondering is someone had some other ideas.

:waving:

Thanks!

chuckers
06-28-2005, 06:53 PM
http://www.coronaclipper.com/corona/catalogoherramienta.jsp?idGrupo=905&idProducto=5009&gh=false

east sooke man
06-29-2005, 12:40 AM
If you are right handed, I would suggest the Felco #7 with a swivel handle. Two years ago I could hardly even squeeze my #2s together because of pain in my elbow from pruning so much. I got a pair of # 7s and the pain cleared up in two weeks and I've never had any trouble since. They take a couple of days to get used to them because it doesn't feel like you have a good grip on them, but after a couple of days it feels very natural and no PAIN!

Lawn Sharks
07-05-2005, 02:23 PM
Sadly I am left handed. Are these #7s right hand specific?

:(

freddyc
07-06-2005, 12:45 AM
Popular mechanics had an article ion this last month. If I find it I will let youknow what they recommended too.

It might be at their website. I use a cheap pair because I don't do that much with them, but theres a lot of different mfgs so there are many types by the looks.

PLM-1
07-06-2005, 12:57 AM
FELCO FELCO FELCO The best i've found!

Lawn Sharks
07-06-2005, 06:13 AM
I got lucky. Was cruising through the Felco models and found out the #10 shear is just a left handed #7. Ordered a set last night. Thanks for the help!

sheshovel
07-09-2005, 04:04 AM
I use Felco's ..Watch them they will take a finger or thumb right off if you get your hand in the way.So be carefull untell your used to handling them all the time.I made my own holster with hard leather and a punch and some rawhide lace,cut a slot in the back to slide onto my favorite belt.Lasted me 9 years before I left it out in the rain and forgot where I left them,found them too late.