PDA

View Full Version : Blue Yellow

LawnBrother
06-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Has anyone used Blue Yellow? Does it work as well as it is advertised? Any opinoins are helpful, as I am considering installing it for a customer. Thanks!

muddstopper
06-30-2005, 10:02 PM
Are we talking about the grass seed in paper tissue that is just rolled out on top of the ground and then watered in or is there another Blue Yellow product?

LawnBrother
07-01-2005, 09:16 AM
Right, that's it. Anybody used it?

muddstopper
07-02-2005, 02:59 PM
I havent tried it myself. I found that I can hydroseed a lawn cheaper than I can buy and apply the blueyellow product. Hydroseeding also allows me a better seed selection as well as choosing the proper fertilizer and rate for my area.

The Good Earth
07-04-2005, 02:07 PM
If I recall the Blue Yellow product was priced way over what you could do the job with regular erosion mats and seed. If you want to try this method measure your total square footage to be covered, go over to Lesco and pick up some Conwed erosion blankets and some sod staples. Also pick up some team mates blend seed and some annual rye. Sow the team mates at your regular rate, sow in the annual at 50% and then cover with the blankets. Set up a watering schedule and you should be good to go. This way should save you at least 25% on your material cost over the Blue Yellow stuff.

muddstopper
07-05-2005, 06:24 PM
Price is what has kept me from trying the Blue Yellow product. I first seen an advertisement for it in a turf magizine. I couldnt wait to see the product at the GIE show in Charlotte. It didnt take me but a minute of talking to their rep to decide that I wouldnt be using any of it. Poor seed choice, improper starter fertilizer (for my area) and just to damn expensive.

DUSTYCEDAR
12-29-2005, 03:26 PM
its way to much money to use it

YardPro
12-30-2005, 05:29 AM
i also looked at it at charlotte last year......WAY TOO EXPENSIVE

gammon landscaping
01-19-2006, 11:33 PM
i understand your concerns the man that develped the blue yellow product is a neibor and compeditor of mine. and every one around here seem to be stockholders in this stuff. i believe that he sold the manufactuing rights to georgia pacific. the product is extreamly cheap to make but gp whats to market it as a sod quality product, which it is not. but it is ok for establishing new lawns in small areas. the funny part is the man that invented it has to pay 400 a roll just like we do so no one at all is using it.
the only place i have seed it used is at a local credit union. and none of it came up......

lynn