PDA

View Full Version : Eric

awm
03-02-2001, 09:01 PM
Im really getting some nice compliments on my lawns.
Ill need to carry a bag of seed until I can stop
spinning wheels an such.The grounds still wet here.

65hoss
03-03-2001, 03:51 AM
Hey AWM,
I tore my back lawn up the first couple of days playing with mine. I just take extra care on customers and have been teaching myself to make it the 3 point turn.

syzer
03-03-2001, 09:43 AM
Yeah, I used to go through some turf =). I learned the 3 point turn and though it takes a second longer its a whole lot better then having a row of dirty bald spots =).

awm
03-03-2001, 10:02 AM
I might be do in it already but exsplain the 3 pt turn
Thanks

1stclasslawns
03-03-2001, 10:10 AM
As you finish a cut only turn 90 deg, then you back up turning another 90deg, there you have it a 180deg turn. The big trick is to keep both back tires turning at all times if a tire sits still your tearing up turf.
Jim

guntruck
03-03-2001, 10:12 AM
Its just like driving a car. When you come to the end of your row i pull back slightly on the left lever.... while pushing forward on the right.....until i become a little more than 90 degrees then in one motion i pull back more on the left lever and a bit less on the right until i back up in line for the next run. I am not the best at explaining things but this should give you the idea. Im not sure it may be on Erics site.

awm
03-04-2001, 01:24 PM
Ill work on it.LATER ON

Eric ELM
03-04-2001, 03:28 PM
Keep trying, you will get it AWM. ;)

Barkleymut
03-04-2001, 03:41 PM
AWM, you may be doing it just right. I bought a Chopper 2 years ago and mastered the turn really quick and thought this is really easy. Then last year it seems as though the ground was always wet. We were above the average rain amounts all year long, well either I turned into a poor turner over the winter or its very difficult to not tear turf when it is really wet. Plus in areas where there is even a little grub damage you can do serious damage. I'd guess your doing it right but just have bad conditions. You'll find out come summer time when most lawns are dried out.

brandy
03-04-2001, 04:29 PM
Practice makes perfect. When the ground is really wet or the turf is really thin it will always tear. Sometimes it is best to move over and cut one line over and come back to cut the swath right next to the last strip. We have found doing this on really thin lawns and under the trees when on shady type grasses to work alittle better!!!

awm
03-04-2001, 07:46 PM
Yea we are pretty wet here in carolina.
What im going to have to do is get a feel
for the controls.Hope its just a matter of time.
Thanks for the ideas.Ill try that skip a swath
idea.