PDA

View Full Version : Does one need a license to apply organic weed killer?

dcplace2004
07-02-2005, 03:35 AM
Weed killer such as Perfectly Natural or Deadeye? Personally, I don't think so, but I who knows...vinegar, clove oil, lecithin, other plant oils...it is food grade and does not need an MSDS...the stuff is pretty safe around any living thing...if you do need a license, then that is messed up...

Richard Martin
07-02-2005, 06:30 AM
I don't know about Washington state but you need the license in Maryland to apply any weed control, organic or not.

NC Big Daddy
07-02-2005, 07:32 AM
Weed killer such as Perfectly Natural or Deadeye? Personally, I don't think so, but I who knows...vinegar, clove oil, lecithin, other plant oils...it is food grade and does not need an MSDS...the stuff is pretty safe around any living thing...if you do need a license, then that is messed up...

It's safe? For the weed to huh? Yes you need a license along with a reason why the stuff didnt work.

Shady Brook
07-02-2005, 07:49 AM
The Label is the Law!

So if a product states on the label that it will kill this or that then it it illegal to apply for hire unless properly licenced. You can use vinigar because it makes no such claims. Read the lablel carefully, and make sure apply within the confines of the label. You should also be careful with some of the "Organic" products, because they are organic does not mean they are neccesarily safe. Concentrated vinegar can really burn, especially if it gets in your eyes from what I have read. Be careful.