PDA

View Full Version : Gator Ramps

kutnkru
03-03-2001, 01:12 AM
I just saw this link thru another site. I am thinking that this would be a great way to save trailering an aerator or overseeder, freeing up the stakebody and/or trailer space.

http://www.gatorramps.com/

Has anyone used this device or something similar?? If so, how do you like it??

Thanks for your assistance.
Kris

HOMER
03-03-2001, 02:07 AM
All I see there is some heavy duty wheely poppin goin on. I.ve had guys that couldn.t load mowers in my trailer without nearly flipping them, I could see them trying to put one in that Ranger. I.d be buying a new cab!

I agree it would come in handy for a aerator or even a walk-behind. That tractor sure looks funny going in.

65hoss
03-03-2001, 04:25 AM
ok, has anyone weighed a tractor lately? these ramps say they hold 1500 lbs. What do you think a tractor weighs? About 2 times that.

Also, would a walker be kinda long for a ranger?

I do think it would be great for the aerator. Sure would beat dragging an 18' trailer all over town. :)

lawrence stone
03-03-2001, 11:14 AM
Stones work truck.

The shot greedy boards will be gone this spring. I am going to mount a set rigid to the bed to the top of the cab then I was going to make 2 foot extensions to add another three and a half yards of thatch hauling capacity.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1209854&a=11295168&p=40873105&Sequence=0&res=high

[Edited by lawrence stone on 03-03-2001 at 03:27 PM]

kutnkru
03-03-2001, 11:34 AM
TGLC or Big Brown[:-)] whichever you prefer uses those types of gated ramps here. I was thinking that the gator type ramps might be more practicle because of the lighter weight equipment I was interested in hauling.

Kris

bob
03-03-2001, 04:38 PM
Close enough. When I put my Gator on my truck, I use aluminum ramps that slide perfectly under the Gator for storage while enroute.

Chopper Lover
03-03-2001, 08:16 PM
Kris,

I sent away for Gator Ramp info a few months ago...

They are expensive. $595 if you buy them from the manufacturer. The only way to buy them straight from the Manufacturer is to become a distributor. That costs another $500. Of course they give you your first ramp when you become a distributor for only $500. You are required to sell at least 1 Gator Ramp system per month to maintain your status as a distributor. Oh yeah, the prices do not include shipping.

If you buy them from a retail place the MSRP is $845 for a mini pickup and $895 for a full size.

It is a neat product but WAY to expensive for me!

Mark

kutnkru
03-04-2001, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the alarming info about an exorbitently priced product. I will pursue other ideas instead.

Thanks again for all the info guys.
Kris

Atlantic Lawn
03-04-2001, 10:53 PM
Looked at em too and thought the same thing, a lot of bucks for the product. Good idea just too rich for me too.

ron
03-04-2001, 11:41 PM
great info on gator ramps,but tooooo much money I would rather buy a 6x10 used trailer and save my back...

kutnkru
03-04-2001, 11:48 PM
Ron

I was trying to avoid the trailer so that I could use a Full-Size Pick-Up Truck to carry an aerator or overseeder. I am not interested in hauling any other type of equipment.

If I were to purchase a trailer it would probably be a 4x8 to be pulled by a GMC-ZR2 or something equivelant.

Thanks for the input.
Kris

River Hill
03-05-2001, 02:38 PM
Yes the Gator Ramp is expensive. I currently own one and I am in the process of selling my 6 1/2 x 12' trailer. The Gator Ramp is great if you are a part-timer. I am a part-timer and probably will never go full-time. I use too hook up my trailer every morning, drive 40 miles too work, cut my lawns and drive 40 miles home. It sucked pulling that trailer. If you are a part-timer and only carry one mower it is probably good for you. Don't waste your money if you will ever need to carry more than a 48". I use it for motorcycles and other toys. I am pretty much a mow-blow-and go guy. I charge higher than most in my area but I am reliable and do good work. I set up with them as a dealer. I have had a few sales from people asking what that thing is and then I show them. Like I said, they are not for everyone but it my be good for you. Any questions let me know if I can help. Image is another thing too consider, some like to see that fancy enclosed trailer coming down the road but, most just want good work.