PDA

View Full Version : A few things I've been doin'

GreenMonster
07-03-2005, 11:40 PM
Hi fellas,

I've been real busy this year and haven't been around here much. here's a few pics of some of the hardscapes I've done this year.

Hope everyone's doing well :waving:

oh, and please don't bust my balls on the red mulch. I never tried so hard to talk someone out of something :rolleyes: Plantings are by customer.

GreenMonster
07-03-2005, 11:43 PM
small little walkway install. Plantings, beds, and all by us.

GreenMonster
07-03-2005, 11:47 PM
A couple raised patios. Completely by coincidence they both ended up with grey block and beige pavers. Both started out with different colors.

Ground Effects NH
07-03-2005, 11:52 PM
Looks very good Mark. That wall looks like it on a lake front ?
Also Is that a circle kit ? Had a lady ask me about one., But I had no Idea lol

Ground Effects NH
07-03-2005, 11:56 PM
A couple raised patios. Completely by coincidence they both ended up with grey block and beige pavers. Both started out with different colors.
Now that is nice looking I like that alot. Great work

GreenMonster
07-03-2005, 11:57 PM
Looks very good Mark. That wall looks like it on a lack front ?
Also Is that a circle kit ? Had a lady ask me about one., But I had no Idea lol

You mean wall on a lake front? No, but almost. This prop is at the bottom of a hill, and there was an old culvert that was filled in, but the new trench was backed up. So.... we hit water behind the garage and had to put a drain the through the f'in yard to get the water outta there. Major PITA!

Yes, a couple of those are circle kits. Real easy to do. I like em too. I use mostly Bolduc chateau when doing the circles.

cgland
07-04-2005, 01:37 AM
Mark - Excellent work as always. I love the circle details. Nice job!

Chris

olderthandirt
07-04-2005, 10:02 AM
Mark- Great work!!!!
?- how much material did you have to excavate out of the first pic, and did you do it or sub it out. Looks like 30-50 yds of dirt was removed, just wondering.

GreenMonster
07-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Mark- Great work!!!!
?- how much material did you have to excavate out of the first pic, and did you do it or sub it out. Looks like 30-50 yds of dirt was removed, just wondering.

Thanks Mac. Yeah, it was a big ol pile! It was somewhere in that vicinity. We took it all out with a 331 mini x and 753 skid steer. It was all used on site to fill in at the end of the property. We ended up bringing in around 60 c.y. of loam and seeded the yard when we were done.

kELTIC
07-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Looks great, nice looking products and great work, a few individual touches make a big difference. Cheers!

MarcusLndscp
07-04-2005, 11:28 PM
Hey Mark
Hope you 4th was a good one! Looks like you've been keeping busy. Everything looks real sharp and I became especially excited when I realized the very last picture of that raised patio with the 3 cirlce paks in side of it looks like a big nipple coming off the house :blush: Did you mean to do that? I'm going to use it as my new desktop because I find it overly attractive. :D
How did you do with that wall you were telling me about?
I'll talk to you later
Mark

kris
07-04-2005, 11:51 PM
Looks good Mark!

sheshovel
07-05-2005, 02:51 AM
Real nice ,clean and tight work Mark!I'm sure your customers were very pleased with all.
Thanks for posting your pics!!I love pics!

GreenMonster
07-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Hey Mark
Hope you 4th was a good one! Looks like you've been keeping busy. Everything looks real sharp and I became especially excited when I realized the very last picture of that raised patio with the 3 cirlce paks in side of it looks like a big nipple coming off the house :blush: Did you mean to do that? I'm going to use it as my new desktop because I find it overly attractive. :D
How did you do with that wall you were telling me about?
I'll talk to you later
Mark

Yeah, nipple, lol! You'll really like my next design. It's gonna look like a *****.

Hey, that wall is a go. Give me a call when you have a chance.

Green Goblin
07-05-2005, 10:46 PM
What roughly did the job with the three circles cost? Just the patio retaining wall portion. Not drainage or soil build up work?

Foz
07-06-2005, 07:58 AM
Shweeet! Nice looking work, thanks for the pics.

GreenMonster
07-23-2005, 03:06 PM
First Ideal job. Roman Pisa tumbled. Lady did the the wall to the left of the stairs and got hurt, so in we came.

Lux Lawn
07-23-2005, 03:14 PM
Mark,
Looks real nice as always.

GreenMonster
07-23-2005, 03:48 PM
Thanks Larry.

Oh yeah, we lay down some stripes from time to time too.

fga
07-23-2005, 04:08 PM
show off....

LHlandscaping
07-23-2005, 08:25 PM
You have definetely mastered the art of stone. Breathtaking work.

foggyjr5
07-23-2005, 08:30 PM
It looks very good. I like the circles a lot, and i also like the wall that you put in, with the steps. I dont think that the red mulch looks that bad actually. Sometimes you will see them look ugly.

GreenMonster
07-23-2005, 10:19 PM
You have definetely mastered the art of stone. Breathtaking work.

thanks, but I've hardly mastered it. Still learn on every install, and still learn a lot from the guys on here.

YardPro
07-24-2005, 08:36 AM
thanks, but I've hardly mastered it. Still learn on every install, and still learn a lot from the guys on here.

the more you learn the more you realize there is still a long way to go.....

jblawns123
07-24-2005, 09:51 AM
Looks great! Nice work.

Do you design the stuff yourself? If so do you photo image before or just explain what it will look like.

GreenMonster
07-24-2005, 09:29 PM
Looks great! Nice work.

Do you design the stuff yourself? If so do you photo image before or just explain what it will look like.

Yes, I do the design work myself. Some customers just leave it to me, and I do whatever I want, sometimes I do a hand sketch, and sometimes we walk around with a paint gun until we decide what looks good.

Mark

GreenMonster
08-27-2005, 10:54 PM
I don't do a lot of natural stone, so I subbed out this clown I met on lawnsite to give me a hand. How do y'all think he did?

The lower wall was existing. We added the second one to decrease the slope, and provide a planting area for perennial gardens. We also ripped out all the hideous, weed infested, groundcover juniper

Here's a before, an after the new wall, and an after the plantings. All of the daylillies, iris, and peonies were existing. You can see the peonies are pretty wilty after being moved. I hated to do it, but they weren't workin' where they were.

GreenMonster
08-27-2005, 10:59 PM
This was a cool little walkway with Bolduc Chateau. We did the plantings as well. Someone else did the drystack walls.

GreenMonster
08-27-2005, 11:13 PM
Aside from blown hydraulic lines, two flat tires, and worker that blew out his back, this was actually a nice job. We took out 5 fairly small trees to the right of the hot tub and regraded a bit to make it a little more useable. the last pic illustrates how the existing concrete pad was not square to the house. The elevation was a little less than desireable for pitch too, but, you work with what you got sometimes.

cgland
08-28-2005, 09:02 AM
Hey Mark - Nice work! One question - what happened to the bond lines on the patio w/ the hot tub? Was the pad poured on an angle? Other than that, good job. I love the natural stone work.

chris

GreenMonster
08-28-2005, 01:26 PM
One question - what happened to the bond lines on the patio w/ the hot tub? Was the pad poured on an angle?

yeah, Chris, that's what I was saying in the post -- the pad was already poured, and unfortunately, not square to the house, which is how the pavers looked best. I thought about 45in' the pavers but it woulda been more cutting and waste, and it just wasn't built into the price. The pad was also almost 3" below the grade of the walkout, across about 8'. So, the grade of the patio is a little steeper across that section than I would have liked it to be.

So, you think my lawnsite sub did good on the stone work? He does good work, but a little difficult to get along with. :waving:

Dirty Water
08-28-2005, 03:05 PM
I think a few of your plantings look like they will be overcrowded in a year or two.

Otherwise, nice.

GreenMonster
08-28-2005, 10:56 PM
I think a few of your plantings look like they will be overcrowded in a year or two.

Otherwise, nice.

yeah. probably. The natural wall, he wanted the beds FULL. We'll split/remove/add/move or whatever he wants. Money doesn't seem to be of concern.

dmbmikee
09-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Man yur work is AWESOME! Quality!

brinlee lawn
09-11-2005, 01:07 PM
so who is your lawnsite comrade???

GreenMonster
09-11-2005, 11:23 PM
so who is your lawnsite comrade???

That's our little secret. I can't tell cuz he could get in trouble.

Of course, I could spill the beans, get him fired, then he could come work with me.... hmmmm. :D

LB Landscaping
09-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Looks great as usual Mark.

GreenMonster
09-12-2005, 10:25 PM
Looks great as usual Mark.

Thanks Jeff.

How you been? What's up? Hopefully you're busy. Haven't seen you around much.