PDA

View Full Version : chiggers

lwcmattlifter
07-06-2005, 12:22 AM
I posted this in the fert/pest section but did not get any answers so here goes. A client has chiggers around a heavily landscaped fish pond and waterfall. The chemicals I would normally use are both toxic to aquatic organisms. Anyone know how to get rid of these things without having to worry about toxic chemicals leaching into the pond?

nocutting
07-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Hi, not sure if this will help?.......not knowing what a "Chigger" was , but haveing read up alittle I think I would use a combination spray [ nematodes ,garlic,& DE] nemas for the larval stages & DE-for adult stages and garlic as a repellant [ to give residual control].....I use a similar combo for "Comfort Sprays" for Fleas, ticks & mosquitos......."Good Luck" :waving:

alwaysgreener
07-10-2005, 08:27 AM
Cyfluthrin works well on chiggers. It's one of the newer active ingredients so chiggers have not had a chance to develop resistance just yet. Cyfluthrin goes a long way and it is important to treat as much of the local area as you can.

DLS1
07-10-2005, 11:06 AM
Cyfluthrin works well on chiggers. It's one of the newer active ingredients so chiggers have not had a chance to develop resistance just yet. Cyfluthrin goes a long way and it is important to treat as much of the local area as you can.

Cyfluthrin has been around since the 80's.

It is "extremely toxic to fish and aquatic organisms but is practically non-
toxic to upland game birds and waterfowl" according to a search on the product.