PDA

View Full Version : encore positives

dmk395
03-03-2001, 06:17 PM
Does anyone have anything good to say about Encore mowers. I heard from two mechanics that they are a good machine, but everyone in past forums seems to bash them. Whats they deal?

Keith
03-03-2001, 07:17 PM
I cant bash them, I havent used one :D I almost tried one out a couple of years ago (the Prowler Mid). I was going to try it on a Tuesday, I went to pick it up and it wasnt there. So I went to another dealer to look at one, but bought a Kees ZTMax instead. I should have gone back an tried it anyway.

D-Man
03-03-2001, 07:50 PM
I have an older 48 hydro walk behind and have had pretty good luck with it. The original pulley's (with the set screw) on the pump are crappy and have left me stranded twice. I replaced them with taper lock pulleys and haven't had any problems since.

http://www.Reasonablelawn.com

lawrence stone
03-03-2001, 07:55 PM
D-Man your websites a bit funky with words running into each other.

But the overall concept is good.

SummitFarmer
03-03-2001, 08:11 PM
Everybody around here has them and seems to like them. The dealer here didn't appeal to me. They are supposedly the #1 in the mid-west, but I wasn't impressed. They didn't seem to have any time for me to answer questions and their service dept didn't seem that whoppie. I bought a Gravely and haven't had any trouble. I have that many accounts yet. The Encore I looked at, in order to lube it you had to take the cover off the deck just to get at the zerts. Didn't seem that efficent to me, since on mine there is a whole and the zert is right on top. Just my .02.

Turf Cutters
03-03-2001, 09:10 PM
I have three Encores. They are all hydros, one 48" and two 36". The only problem I have is the caster bushings wear out quickly. One 36" is six years old and still runs like new. Summit Farmer did you go to Trim Rite in KCMO? For the price they were a good deal compared to the other brands.

D-Man
03-03-2001, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the input on my web page. I know this is not the correct forum, but your e mail address was not listed. If you could do me a favor and e mail me with what it's doing it would be greatly appreciated. What browser are you using? I set it up myself and it looks correct using microsoft internet explorer at 1024 X 768 desktop setting. This way I can troubleshoot it.

I guess I had better stick to cutting lawns and leave the computer stuff to the brains. Thanks in advance. Damon

http://www.Reasonablelawn.com

[Edited by D-Man on 03-04-2001 at 02:32 AM]

65hoss
03-05-2001, 01:19 AM
Turf cutters, I am glad to see someone agrees with me about the caster bushings. I can replace them, grease them 2 times a day and in 2 weeks they are gone again.

My encore is great as a bush hog. Blade speed is slow and the spindle bearings wear out very fast. OPC switches do not last very long either. I finally wired a toggle switch in to fix the problem. The quality of cut in no way compares to my exmarks. Night and day difference. I would never buy another encore.