PDA

View Full Version : Story -- Did this ever happen to you?

LandscapeMember
07-06-2005, 09:50 AM
I had a customer last week who wanted an EP Henry wall to run the length of her garage. I suggested letting the wall come out at least three feet from the house to have enough room to plant a couple of bushes and flowers. I chalked the way it was going to look. I did three feet, then the customer said try it at two feet. I did that and she wanted the two feet from the garage wall. I tried to talk her out of it. The space was too small at two feet. She did not agree so she initialed the "approval of design" on my contract. We worked on the wall out two feet and a 25 foot straight run. She calls me that night and told me I was right and she would like the "wall" moved out 1 foot and that it would only take about an hour or two to move it out a foot. It took us ten hours to set the wall up and backfill 2 tons of top soil. She did not understand why the wall can't be moved over and to her it did not make sense. I tried to educate her with the base, tamping and leveling it would take another 10-12 hours to move along deal with the 2 tons of soil already in the bed. She then got pi$$ed and said to pick up my final check. She left it in her mailbox. She said the wall looked great prior to our arguement and now she will probably give me a bad reference because she did not listen to me in the first place. Amazing...

Anyone else ever have a similar story?

neversatisfiedj
07-06-2005, 01:39 PM
Yep - I am going to court for a women because I did a retaining wall that stepped with the grade. She did not like it to step so I gave her a price to have the whole thing even and she did not go for it. Thus I went to finish my part of the deal and she kicked me off her property. I had to call the police to remove my tools. Unreal - the worst customer yet. The people are the hardest part of the job.