PDA

View Full Version : Price help for seeding 1/4 acre

skurtz78
07-06-2005, 08:23 PM
I have a new customer who has just had sod laid on most of his property but did not want to spend the money for the back 1/4 acre of his property. I am wanting to know how I should price this. I was thinking $35 an hour. I know that I need to till the ground, rake it out, apply a start fert, seed, apply straw. This is going to take a good couple hours.

o-so-n-so
07-06-2005, 10:09 PM
1/4 acre would be more like a day....if you do what you listed. The finish grade/clean is the most time consuming. Your finish grade is what the lawn will be like when the grass grows.....so spend the time and make it smooth.

Also.....if the ground has low and high spots..you need to level the area before tilling..once the soil is tilled its hard to level down some imperfections because the soil will settle back to is original form.

Without seeing...$2000.00 depending on material cost and condition of area. If it has grass on is now...get ready to work.

What kind of seed are you using?

skurtz78
07-06-2005, 10:25 PM
the area has already been leveled out and is just dirt now. Just the prep work for the seed is all that needs to be done. I will most likely be using KY blue grass or fescue whatever the customer wants.

o-so-n-so
07-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Not going to have very good luck with those grasses this time of year. :cool:

The ground temperature needs to be close to the 60* mark for root growth. Sod or wait until fall for those seed.

I still say 4 hours for what you mentioned. (Should be worth $800.00 -$1000.00)