PDA

View Full Version : Noreaster no more coming =(

syzer
03-04-2001, 12:57 PM
They say now that MD may get pretty much nothing but rain =(. How depressing another hype over nothing event darnnit.

Chopper Lover
03-04-2001, 01:12 PM
I just came inside for a drink of water...

I have been busy outside doing a blizzard dance.

I learned the dance from Cliff Claven while watching Cheers... Apparently the ancient Aztecs used to do a dance that....

Hehehe,
Mark

guntruck
03-04-2001, 05:59 PM
I think we'll get something just not what everyone, including myself was hoping for =(. But with spring so close i would much rather have all or nothing.

SJR Lawncare
03-04-2001, 06:25 PM
Dont give up, We still may get some decent amounts....I hope.

SJR

Evan528
03-04-2001, 06:29 PM
There changing the totals and start and stop times every hour here In philly suburbs! My head is spinning just trying to keep track!

Man Joe
03-04-2001, 06:43 PM
Here is a good example of how nature will give you more accurate information than the weather people. Have been seeing "robbins" since friday. On saturday, saw 3 flocks of geese fly over heading north and the tulip bulbs are sending shoots 2 or more inches out of the ground.

Atlantic Lawn
03-04-2001, 07:04 PM
We are all still waitin to see what happens down this way. Noreasters mean trouble in this neck of the woods. I watched a few houses fall in the ocean a few seasons ago. Not fun but very dramatic.

gene gls
03-04-2001, 10:48 PM
You guys in the rain belt can have some of my snow! Any more than 12" will cause big problems.There is no where to put it on most of my drives.

Gene

MikeGA
03-04-2001, 11:02 PM
Yeah, Man joe, I saw the same 3 flocks fly over my house the other day, one flock was arguing above my house over who was the leader and which way to fly.

Personally, I hope yall, especially around Maryland don't get to much if any of the white stuff cause my mother flew out of AL coming up that was this evening, they were SUPPOSED to land around 8:15

syzer
03-04-2001, 11:15 PM
We're not gonna get a damn thing. These meteorologists around here are totally off all the time. We always just "happen" to dodge the bullet. blah, I'm tired of hearing it.

LWNMWRMN
03-04-2001, 11:26 PM
just came inside from plowing a good 8" and still coming down like theres no tomorrow.

syzer
03-04-2001, 11:41 PM
=( make some money for me, I just got finished plowing through 8" of rain trying to get home. This sucks.

SJR Lawncare
03-05-2001, 10:26 AM
This SUCKS, Not again!!!!It is so ridiculous that not a single weatherman can EVER be right. I know this storm was extremely hard to predict, but what about the numerous other times this winter they did'nt have a clue & predicted alot of snow & we only got rain or sunny skies. I can't even watch the scenes for the northeast....That is supposed to be happening here!!

syzer
03-05-2001, 10:57 AM
Yeah I was just listening to the radio at all the north eastern states in states of emergency. I almost am ready to hook the plow up and head up there =(. We always just happen to dodge bullet!!! They suck!

Chopper Lover
03-05-2001, 11:16 AM
Do I hear a ROAD TRIP in the making?????

I'll bring the Chex Mix!

Mark

Green Finger
03-05-2001, 11:35 AM
Did you say Road Trip........ I'll bring the mountain dew.

The weathermen are a bunch of clowns. I think they all work at Safeway and Home Depot.

Come on spring.

kutnkru
03-05-2001, 12:05 PM
I wish you guys had been up this way we have an incompetent contractor hired to plow our area. I went to pick up our daughters from their friends house, had a blizzard slumber party last night.

When I pulled into the parking lot of their complex the idiots who had plowed the lots had pushed the snow from the center inwards towards the back of the vehicles. We have 33in. tires on our explorer and the piles were up to the hood almost.

To top it all off, they had pushed the snow into the L-shaped lot so that it went into the building at the end instead of dragging it away from the interior curbs and stacking it at the entrance sides to the lot.

I also thought that if there were to be walkways at designated spots between vehicles, (where they have like a 4x8 extending slab into the lot) that they were suppose to keep these runs cleared as well.

I just cannot figure out how some guys get away with this type of workmanship, when there is such a high liability for this type of work. Not to mention they did a poor job clearing (or should i say windrowing the snow) the lot to boot!

Kris

Jerrys Lawn Service
03-05-2001, 12:32 PM
Sizer, You know how that goes around here when they call for a dusting your sure to get two feet, and when they call for
two feet your going to get a dusting! Sorry we all missed out on some good money! 70% chance of snow tomorrow.

Good Luck!
jerryslawnservice@home.com

syzer
03-05-2001, 02:21 PM
hehe yeah Jerry you are right, they are 100% correct if you go with the complete opposite of what they say. They have wasted a whole lot of ppl's money and time on the two <B> BIG <?B> times they screwed up this year.

thelawnguy
03-05-2001, 03:32 PM
If its gonna snow two feet then it better get on with it. So far only 2 inches of sleet and rain. Once you push it off the blacktop it stays black due to the sun coming through the cloud cover.

klite
03-05-2001, 10:39 PM
I think the News Media and the Grocery Stors have something in Kahoots.

MikeGA
03-05-2001, 10:47 PM
I'm sure they do down here in GA. stores over stocked in mike and bread, there is going to be a blizzard, but in '93 when we got 2 foot of snow that was only suppose to be a trace.

lawrence stone
03-07-2001, 12:29 AM
The snow was a bust in my area our total was 8".

None of the heavy bands of snow made it overhead.

But in binghamton only 75 miles north the total was 22".

thelawnguy
03-07-2001, 03:33 PM
It finally turned to snow around 430pm monday and when it tapered off Tue am around 6 there was a foot of wet heavy snow. flurries thru the day Tue, then some pretty impressive snowfall from around 2pm til 10pm adding another 3 to 5 of dry powder. Today sunny in the 40s, melting off most of the blacktop areas.

lbmd1
03-07-2001, 06:08 PM
Got the jackpot up here, almost 30". Just got in from about 36 hours of plowing. Although it's by far the most profitable part of a LCO's business, I hate it. Thinking of getting rid of all my plowing accounts next year. Have over 60 residentials and 3 condo complexes that I do myself. I like the 3-4" storms the best. Leaving for Key West on Tuesday for a week. Looking forward to some warm weather. Probably will still have snow on the ground when I get back. Another storm on the way friday too. Still had about half a foot of frozen precip on the ground prior to this storm. Kind of glad in one respect. Still need time to work on equipment for this season. Hopefully won't be cutting until end of April.

Mike

guntruck
03-07-2001, 07:17 PM
Although we get nothing here i can understand where you come from. This storm we were hoping to get dumped on or get nothing at all and the forecasters here never let us down, of course we got nothing at all!!! lol

ed_12803
03-07-2001, 07:32 PM
i have been snow blowing for 2 days and it stinks ,so you can have all this snow

thelawnguy
03-09-2001, 12:15 AM
I have made the decision to drop all but my 3 commercial properties at the end of this snow season. Ive had it with backblading driveways, folks whining about why the drive isnt done yet when the town hadnt even made a pass down the road yet, etc.

Ill be done with the parking lots by daybreak, and maybe build a snowman with the kids for a change, come next season.