PDA

View Full Version : Problems with image linking in signatures

GroundKprs
03-04-2001, 02:22 PM
Is anyone else having problems loading LawnSite pages because image links are taking so long to load? Has gotten especially bad for me since CWM moved his smilies site to ragesofsanity.com Even with cable modem, pages hang up waiting for that site to respond. Am getting same result in IE and Netscape. Or is it my computer?

thelawnguy
03-04-2001, 03:10 PM
you are not alone.

I voiced my dissatisfaction with the graphics thing a month ago with no changes noted as of yet.

Eric ELM
03-05-2001, 12:39 PM
It looks like we need to take all our graphics out of signitures. I will be the first one to remove my little smiley graphic. If others will volunteer to do this, it will make things faster loading. They are cute, but if it is slowing loading times down, lets get rid of them volunteerly. If others do not follow, I can remove the ones that do not get removed by the members. Lets see if that speeds things up for everyone.

1MajorTom
03-05-2001, 01:07 PM
I removed mine yesterday also. Sorry about that.

KirbysLawn
03-05-2001, 10:08 PM
Me too, after Jim pointed this out. Thanks Jim. It seems to have started after Lawnsite was moved back to this server.

GroundKprs
03-05-2001, 10:22 PM
Thanks to all. But one suggestion: Leave HOMER`s signature image. That`s loading just fine from Ray`s site, and it is a good chuckle every time he posts. Unless someone else is having a slowdown with it - if so just a pm to HOMER would do. Also, there was no problem with standard LawnSite smilies loading.

bob
03-05-2001, 10:24 PM
Jim, you must have just read my mind! I was going to suggest that!

KirbysLawn
03-05-2001, 11:42 PM
Me too, I was thinking the same thing! I love that Homer, wish that was my screen name.

Sammy
03-06-2001, 04:48 AM
Seems to be a lot faster tonight.
Have only had to hit the stop loading button one time.