PDA

View Full Version : fall clean ups

grade
03-04-2001, 07:13 PM
what is the average rate on cleaning up leaves then hauling them away?

kutnkru
03-04-2001, 07:27 PM
3 times the cost of what you charge them for a mowing.

If you are not a mowing contractor then you could plan on an average of 6 man hrs.

Hope this helps.
Kris

65hoss
03-05-2001, 03:06 AM
I sometimes use what Kris posted. I mostly estimate my hours on the job and multiply by $35 to $45 depending on difficulty.

Craig Turf Management
03-05-2001, 06:12 AM
What is your rate per hour for labor? RATE X HOUR + DUMP FEE. Take into account the time spent unloading, loading, drive time to the dump, etc. It's a really simple formula.
Hope this helps, Bill.

guntruck
03-05-2001, 07:26 AM
We charge 3-4 times the price of what we cut the lawn for. At first last year, i couldnt understand how these guys got sooo much!! Let me tell you, once you do couple the picture gets much much clearer =).

Evan528
03-05-2001, 12:06 PM
My prices vary greatly not only buy the size of the yard but by how many trees they have! I have some $25 per cut lawns that i charge $75 for a cleanup and some $25 lawns that I charge $200. You need be able to estimate in your head how long it will take and take according to how much you want per hour!

kutnkru
03-05-2001, 05:37 PM
Take into account the time spent unloading, loading, drive time to the dump, etc.

We refer to this as STUD time:
Start: This is how long it takes to get ready for your day before you leave your ofc/shop/garage in the morning
Travel: This is how long it takes you to travel between your routes throughout the day
Unload: This is how long it takes you to unload your equipment and trucks upon returning to your ofc/shop/garage etc.
Dump: This is how long it takes you to travel to and from the dumpsite plus the time involved in unloading your trucks of debris

Kris

grade
03-05-2001, 07:13 PM
Thanks Guys I think I'm going to enjoy this site