PDA

View Full Version : vista copper fixtures changing colors and fading

greenworldh20
07-10-2005, 11:58 AM
we installed 5 vista copper fixtures about 12 days ago. client calls us stating fixtures are turning black and look 'aged'. i know copper ages beautifully over time, but 2 weeks?

did i get bad fixtures or what?

bk

Frog Lights, LLC
07-10-2005, 12:04 PM
Copper is going to change color. Two weeks is very unusual, the color change takes months. I really don't think they turned black unless they were hit with some chemical. Brian, looking forward to meeting you some time.

kootoomootoo
07-10-2005, 03:10 PM
I installed the exact same fixtures two weeks ago....very slight color change if at all...customer actually looking forward to them aging.....true story....if you pee (ie urinate) on copper it will change color FAST.....famous artist had workers do it all the time.....maybe they have a big dog with a light fancy :)

SamIV
07-15-2005, 06:11 AM
Heat has a lot to do with it. If you are using 50 watt lamps in a small bullet, this might be the culprit. Fifty watt lamps will get a fixture real hot. Are they the new small paths Vista has come out with. Same thing happened to some small FX path fixtures I installed, but they looked nice over time. These things changed over night. I would not be alarmed though, should patina real nice over time.

SamIV

ArizPestWeed
09-18-2005, 12:20 AM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a44/dromme/IMG_0134_1.jpg

Phillylawnboy
11-20-2005, 08:27 PM
My brother is a independant rep for vista lighting. he said that in the catalog it states that the copper lights should not be used anywhare near the coast, i see that you are in south east NY, if your within say 35 miles the salt air could couse fast tarnishing