PDA

View Full Version : Walker Walk Behind?

Bull
07-10-2005, 11:47 PM
Is anyone using one of these and how much are they running? Do they have sufficient power and the picture I seen showed a retractable sulky. Does this seem to work also? All information on pros and cons would be appreciated. Thanks

Howie's Lawn Care
07-10-2005, 11:59 PM
I don't own one, but I got the brochure in the mail. From what I read, they have fixed decks and a gear driven. They look cheap i comparison to most other mowers, but that must be the "simplicity" of the Walker engineering. One nice thing is you can use any of their decks up to 56". I noticed that the design of the Walker ZTRs is to send the grass to the middle of the deck(blades designed to direct it this way) so it can be bagged. Does this cause the side discharge capabilities to basically suck, especially with their 74" deck?

Mowingman
07-11-2005, 12:33 AM
The blades turn a different direction on the SD decks and throw grass to the discharge. They only throw to the middle on GHS, (collecting), decks.

BCSteel
07-11-2005, 01:22 AM
I don't own one, but I got the brochure in the mail. From what I read, they have fixed decks and a gear driven. They look cheap i comparison to most other mowers, but that must be the "simplicity" of the Walker engineering. One nice thing is you can use any of their decks up to 56". I noticed that the design of the Walker ZTRs is to send the grass to the middle of the deck(blades designed to direct it this way) so it can be bagged. Does this cause the side discharge capabilities to basically suck, especially with their 74" deck?

From the sounds of it you have never even seen a Walker or any of the different decks.

The Walker w/b has the superior floating deck just like on the riding walkers. It is a dual hydro, just like on the riding walkers. The ghs decks are not used on the w/b mower. The mulching deck and the sd decks are used on the wb and they all have clockwise rotating blades.

I do not own one of the w/b mowers. These are just the facts. Look in your brochure a little closer next time.

Howie's Lawn Care
07-11-2005, 01:31 AM
From the sounds of it you have never even seen a Walker or any of the different decks.

The Walker w/b has the superior floating deck just like on the riding walkers. It is a dual hydro, just like on the riding walkers. The ghs decks are not used on the w/b mower. The mulching deck and the sd decks are used on the wb and they all have clockwise rotating blades.

I do not own one of the w/b mowers. These are just the facts. Look in your brochure a little closer next time.
Okay, you're right. I don't know how I messed up on the hydro thing, or the floating decks considering they are the interchangable decks. I feel stupid for messing that up. I thought I new my mowers better, especially the ones I'll never own.