PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Get Rid Of Low Ballers

ron
03-04-2001, 07:58 PM
Have trouble with low ballers how do you get around these jokers...lets talk about it shall we......

Forever Green Lawn
03-04-2001, 08:07 PM
Low ballers can be a real pain. One of the ways I try to get around them is to sell customers on a professional service and NOT price. You must be able to sell yourself and the service you provide. Convince people that even though you may be more expensive, in the long run you get what you pay for. Use your knowledge and your professionalism to your advantage. Convince customers that if they hire you and end up paying more, they will get more. This is not easy! This system works well for me, but your will always have people that don't care and are just looking for the lowest possible price. Not much you can do about that. Most low ballers in this are usually run themselves out of the business in a couple of years.

Scott

lawrence stone
03-04-2001, 08:31 PM
When you see them take their picture with a digital camera.

Then with photo enhancement software put a can sprayer in their hand and send that picture and a pic of the license plate of their truck to the local pesticide cop.

Just print the pic with an inkjet and send them in an envelope with no return address.

Craig Turf Management
03-04-2001, 08:33 PM
I hear see so many posts on this forum regarding low-ballers. Not many people on this site want to commit themselves to how much per hour etc. a job should cost. The reply is usually, you have to figure out your cost of doing business and add in your desired profit etc., and this will determine your price to charge. Well if I work really hard at keeping down my overhead, keep my routes tight and spend my time mowing rather than riding around town, do a quality job (no call-backs), then maybe I can do the same job at a little lower price while still making my desired profit. The way I see it, I'm not a low-baller, I'm your competition. If this hurts your feelings, I'm sorry.
Just a different perspective.
Bill.

LJ lawn
03-04-2001, 08:37 PM
i must say that i really like that suggestion about the computer enhaced picture.way to go!

Atlantic Lawn
03-04-2001, 08:40 PM
Tar and Feathers worked here for years, course this is the South.....

ron
03-04-2001, 08:46 PM
Hey good advise on the digital camera,I must try this here in Fl we have more low ballers then we have lawns to cut every where you look you see them with mowers hanging out of there trunks etc.....with no license etc trying to make a small fortune.

sunrise
03-04-2001, 09:16 PM
craig Turf Management
Please read my post on play fields and tell me that these guy are not low balling. Maybe I wouldnt have gotten the work but please lets be inthe same area. I beleave in giving smaller mowers a chance but everone needs the same change and these mower will fall.

Craig Turf Management
03-04-2001, 09:31 PM
I was just offering a different point of view. I wanted someone to define low-ballers. Are we talking about someone who can do a pro job for a little lower price, OR are we talking about un-licensed, un-insured, un-trained, un-committed pieces of deck scraping ie. SCRUBS. I feel your pain, just wanted to differentiate between the two.
thanks, Bill

Runner
03-04-2001, 09:35 PM
Either one... they will usually eradicate theirselves. I think the average lifespan of a fly is about two weeks. Get what I am saying?

ron
03-04-2001, 09:42 PM
well the ones who are out to make a fast buck without insurance licenses etc,they are out to do one thing take your business away for a really cheap price..like I had one good senior person who had letter placed onto his ffront door saying we will cut your grass for less guaranteed or we will cut it for free for a whole month.....Well mr senior had called this person who came out and gave him a price which was 40.00 cheaper then my cost per month so he wanted to see if I would be able to match his price,I said no,why don't you before changing lawn services see if he has a license and is insured before this person comes out and destroys your yard,well come to find out this person has no license or insurance so the senior stayed with me.

kutnkru
03-04-2001, 10:17 PM
Two words: VALUE - QUALITY

If we are able to provide quality work to our clients, then we should be able to keep our customers satisfied.

If we offer our clients value, then we should be able to keep them from price shopping when the new weed crop of contractors comes out each spring.

Just my .02
Kris

ron
03-04-2001, 10:30 PM
Thats right Value and Quality is the key word here.

bobbygedd
03-04-2001, 10:37 PM
u cant get rid of lowballers, unless of course u get into a different line of work like perhaps open a resturaunt or something that involves major capitol to get started, then u will have to only compete with the hot dog vendors, and surely u guys will sit here and moan about them too, instead of getting out to work. selling a product or service at a cheaper rate than the competition is called BUSINESS.i personally thought at first that i can do the work cheaper, and make it up in volume. after two trips to the emergency room, and still empty pockets, i saw the light. my prices are now usually equal to or higher than the competition, but learn to accept lowballers, or as u all say "scabs" they r here to stay. we all go into business with our own set goals, what is good money to some, may not be good money to others, and vice versa. if a mans goal is to make a measly $500 a week, and he does this by cutting the prices by a couple of bucks, if he meets his goal, then he IS a success! regardless wether u or i like it. personally im in business for my family and myself, if i meet my goals, and the way i go about it upsets the competition, i dont really care. BOB

JML
03-04-2001, 11:53 PM
some new grass cutter, i won't even use the term landscaper was putting flyers in my customers mailboxes. They offered to do it $40 a month cheaper and throw in fertilization for free, a five step program for free.. I don't know how long they will be around by doing that...

Mowin4cash
03-05-2001, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by lawrence stone
When you see them take their picture with a digital camera.

Then with photo enhancement software put a can sprayer in their hand and send that picture and a pic of the license plate of their truck to the local pesticide cop.

Just print the pic with an inkjet and send them in an envelope with no return address.

Sounds like something a desperate liberal Democrat would do. Falsify a document to "get" at someone. It's Klintonism at its best! Why not do it honestly, the Republican way.

[Edited by Mowin4cash on 03-05-2001 at 05:07 AM]

KirbysLawn
03-05-2001, 04:44 AM
Agree with Bobby, you can't, it's part of the business. Until there is some type of license needed to "cut" grass it will be a part of life in this business.

awm
03-05-2001, 07:46 AM
The most terrible lowballers of all are.
10 to 16 year old kids out mowing every
body in the neighborhoods yd.His daddys new
LT a weedeater and sometimes even daddys gas.
He can just charge what ever strikes him.
NOUGH TO TAKE CARE OF EATS AND WHATEVER,PLUS SUM
PUT IN THE 1ST CARFUND.
Does this bring back memories.I know daddys that buy new
LTs so there kid will learn about work.A good idea too.

mowerman90
03-05-2001, 07:59 AM
When hearing that some scrub has given a lower estimate than mine I usually tell the customer that "well, I guess they know what they're worth". That usually makes the potential customer stop and think a moment. If they don't realize the importance of what I just said and continue to ask me for the lower pricing, I politely write my price on the back of my business card, hand it to them and walk away. I don't really want this type of customer and am probably better off without them, There's too many customers out there that are willing to pay fair prices for top flight work. It does annoy me though, that I have to waste my time giving the estimate. You can almost tell when you pull up in front of the house and see what type of lawn they have if they're gonna ask for the lowball pricing. But, I guess that's part of this business and will always be there. I do like Stones remedy and I've been itching for an excuse to buy Photoshop!

GrassMaster
03-05-2001, 09:11 AM
Hello Everybody:

If it wasn't for LowBallers where would we be? They are a great help to the Pro's in the Green Industry!

First you can't worry about them, LOL they take care of themselves in time. Their life expectantcy is a max of 3 years & if they survive longer than that, they should be felt sorry for? Honest after 3 years I would try to help them improve themselves. That's what we are here for, don't believe me, ask God!

What few jobs I lost to lowballers I have made out in the long run, remember not only the jobs you loose to LowBallers but think about the jobs you take away from LowBallers TOO! They dislike us TOO! They just do not know why.:-) LOL, they have got to live too! They have families that are victims of Spouses no knowing better. :-)

I had a account one time it was Big Apartment Complex had it for about a year ($2,000 a month) & one day I was told I was underbidded. Found out later it was Managers Son in Law the Most Deadly of the LowBallers. LOL he bidded $1,995 a month. What a Scumbag, no not the Son in Law but the Manager. You know she told him my fee?

LOL, he was so stupid he took it at the beginning of the growing season. Mtd 38 inch cut, Craftsman Hand help Blower & Curve shaft trimmer. He didn't do much of anything but cut & blow. He didn't even have a way to haul Equipment.

The End of Summer I saw all the Suits & Ties there walking around. I hauled butt home & got my before & after pics. Went back & asked them if I could talk to them. The place looked like hell. I explained everything to them & they asked the Manager to step to the side.

Well they gave the guy 30 Days to clean place up. Well all he did was do about half the Bushes & that was good for me. They made his Mother In Law - Manager fire him. I was hired back at a $2,000 clean up fee & $2,250 a month contract. She lost her job that month, he got contract to clean apartments & he was fired too! LOL

Moral of Story

Look like a Pro, Act like a Pro, Work like a Pro, Then you get Paid & Treated like a Pro!

Remember if you feel like you have been done Wrong & you Absolutly know you were done wrong for no reason at all & there is someone above the person you are dealing with. Go & talk to them, keep a good attitude & Justice will Prevail most of the Time!

Nothing else Remember this, Time Takes Care of All!

russman
03-05-2001, 09:29 AM
Great story and great reply. Competition is what has made this country great. When we all go to buy new equipment and all things being fairly equal we will go with the lowest price. We don't complain about one dealer low balling another one. The only thing you can do is your best and if someone doesn't appreciate it then that is there problem. Some else right around the corner will. Have a great year.

kutnkru
03-05-2001, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by GrassMaster
What few jobs I lost to lowballers I have made out in the long run, remember not only the jobs you loose to LowBallers but think about the jobs you take away from LowBallers TOO! They dislike us TOO! They just do not know why.:-) ,,,,

There is a contractor in our area who thinks that by charging between $25-30 per cut that we are doing a gross mis-service to our clients. He charges an average of $18 per cut, because he cannot understand why we pilage and plunder the markt as bandits. His clients not only pay less, but he gets an extra 8 cuts per season in.

If it is true as rumor has it that he is servicing close to 300 accounts a season his methods will gross $194,400.00

Just an afterthought
Kris

crew
03-05-2001, 09:51 AM
A glass of anti freeze cleverly diguised as gatorade.........

Charles
03-05-2001, 10:13 AM
Gross don't mean much-- find out what his net is. To service 300 accounts would take employees, alot of fuel, alot of maintenance etc

MikeGA
03-05-2001, 10:31 AM
Let me see, in the long run, everyone is on the same level. Ex: The "Low-ballers" riding around cutting the grass in their Burmuda Shorts in their arm pits pulling their 32" Crapper (which I own one of 2 yrs old and is a nice machine for personal use 25h kohler 50" cut and will trade on a Hustler Z when I go commercial) out of the back of their station wagon which they brought down with them and is rusted out from the salt from the north roads. They're not making any time. It probably takes them what, 2-3-maybe 4 times or longer to do a yard? Then how long is the old crapper gona hold up? Then their are gonna be repair bills! The ole Weedeater is gonna fail some how, I feel sure they will not trim enough to cut the drive cable into, but it still isn't the QUALITY the Pros have. These people are not making the per hour average after machinery costs.

What I have heard from several places is if you have the commercial equipment an average of around $60/h per 2 man crew is needed to pay bills and decent wages.

The bigger Equipment runs faster cuts a bigger Path boils down to getting more done per hour than the cheaper equipment. Also on a per hour basis, they give less down time. A crew of men out to make a living will work harder than an individual out to make beer money.

In the long run, the lowballer can't cover the ground and their but near as well as the pros.

kutnkru
03-05-2001, 10:41 AM
But Mike, we arent calling them incompetent. We're calling them a THREAT! -hehehe

I suppose when you look at the true aspects of doing business it does sound ludicrous, however it does get extremely frustrating when they are able to compete on what appears to be the same level. When and if we lose a client to their pricing structure that is what is perceived as the slap to our faces.

You are quite astute though as to decifer the true facts thru our blatant banters. :-)
Kris

JimLewis
03-05-2001, 11:11 AM
I agree with most of the posts before. Appear professional, be Professional, etc. But there are other ways to help you beat lowballers.

I've had to develop ways to beat low-ballers to survive and to grow. In my area, there is not only competition from low-ballers on price but also on duration. A lot of new guys, or lowballers, will offer seasonal lawn care as opposed to year-round. Fortunately every professional company will only take on year-round business. But low ballers will take on seasonal work. And that's attractive to some customers. So we have to try extra hard not only to convince people to pay the higher price but also to keep us on all year. I particularly have to work hard at it because I don't do contracts. So I have to keep 140 people convinced that our more expensive year-round service is worth keeping us and not cancelling and going with a low-baller.

And I do pretty well at this, so pay attention.

First of all, you need to have as fair a price as possible. Price does have a lot to do with decision making. So you need to compete price-wise. I am not saying match the low-ballers price. But you shouldn't be $100 a month higher than his prices. #1 way to keep prices down is to get clients in the same neighborhoods. This keeps your drive time down and allows you to do more lawns per day. One of our 2 man crews does 25 lawns on Fridays. And they do a damn good job at each home. But I can afford to charge a little less because of the volume.

Second; add more services. If people believe they are getting more bang for their buck, it's a good way to convince them to use you rather than the lowballer. I found out a long time ago that I could add in fertilizer, in-lawn weed control, haul away threir christmas tree, etc. and it would only add a few dollars per month to my costs per lawn. So I made that part of every package. I can't tell you how many times I've given a bid and people said "Wow, you fertilize for that price too, huh?" This is the biggest key to beating low-ballers. Figure out what services you can add that don't cost you too much time or money, and make those part of your service. Beat the mow-blow-go guys by not being just mow-blow-go.

Third; Be reliable. I know this should be a given. But the one thing we have over newbies, scrubs, lowballers, etc. is that we do this full-time, for a living. Set your new client up on a schedule and come when you say you will. Most scrubs aren't reliable. And people get really sick of this. Being reliable is a good way to get and keep business. One of my favorite lines when price comes into play (e.g. I can tell their shopping around) is this, "I agree, it's higher than what some guys would charge. But we are a professional service, we offer more services, and we are reliable. A lot of our competition will just come mow your lawn when they need beer money."

Twotoros
03-05-2001, 01:23 PM
Jim - is right. Be reliable. My customers can set their clock to me except when rain delays. Even then I usually catch up that day as I live in a desert and rain is just a shower. I tell new clients that fact. Three quarters of most lowballers get out of bed when they feel like it. I know some that if it rains a little before they leave the house they take the day off.
One way to get rid of licensed lowboys is to not get rid of them. I have talked to every licensed struggling guy I can about raising their rates. The first thing I say is do not sell yourself short. I know of at least ten guys who are raising rates. Ask them if they like what they are doing and do they want to continue? They must pat expenses and cut out a living also, So far this is working and if these guys go out and educate at least one guy then my mission is a success.
I only would then have to worry about the new guys who always feel they can do it cheaper. Five in the paper this year and two offer free fertilizer.

JimLewis
03-05-2001, 01:25 PM
Oh, and one more thing I forgot to include. You should use your credentials to beat low-ballers. A lot of low-ballers are newbies, scrubs, etc. and don't have insurance, worker's comp, bonding, schooling, etc. If you have any of these use them to your advantage. I will sometimes say something like, "Your right. We aren't the cheapest around. But we are fully licensed, bonded, and insured. And that's important for you because....."

thelawnguy
03-05-2001, 02:32 PM
If you are truly a professional, and actually believe in yourself, then these guys should not matter, nor will they take any food from your mouth.

15 years ago I was selling new Grand Ams and LeMans' at full window sticker price even though the discount dealer 10 miles away advertised any Pontiac on the lot for $99 over dealer invoice (at the time the invoice price was approx 1000-1500 below sticker). How? I convinced the customer that the car bought from me, at my dealership, was head and shoulders above the second-rate merchandise advertised down the street. You need to sell yourself, your company and your product, whatever it may be, be it a Korean import car or lawn services, as a better <B>VALUE</B> (key word here folks) than the next guy.

The lowballer will win if you walk up to the door with the Coors cap on backwards, kick the screen, wander back out to the front yard, and when the homeowner answers the door yell "thirty bucks a week's the best Ill do!"

lsylvain
03-05-2001, 02:55 PM
Scrubs, I'm sure most of us at one time or another were scrubs, but not for long. Kid's and people just starting out I don't have a problem with. It's the people who have been in it for a long while with no licence, insurance, ect. so you know there not paying their taxes. THEIR PLAYING THE SAME GAME AS US BUT BY DIFFERENT RULES. So if I see someone out mowing the 1st year I just ignore, if I catch them out the second year I call the chamber of commerce in my area to see if they have a licence. That pretty much puts an end to it. Around here they don't get into any real trouble the first time they just get warned. If they go out an get a licence etc. that's great.

Something I have not done yet, but incase anyone else has a real problem, as I do, with people not paying their taxes. The IRS will actually pay you for information about people commiting tax fraud.

This is a very serious offence, (hudge fines, and jail time)

I't isn't very nice but it is efective.

turfguy33
03-05-2001, 04:08 PM
Maybe it is just me, but, in our community, the lower price gets the job, especially in the case of large industrial and commercial sites. Now, if everybody charged the same price, the whole idea of an open bid is gone. The owner would just call the most well known, and be done with it. This year, I placed about 15 new bids, mostly apartments and factories...I was able to get three of them.....One of my competitors claimed that I low-balled. Which my price was lower, but not by a great deal. My point is, everyone is going to out-bid someone someday...So does this mean your a low-baller....I think not....I have been mowing for some time. I just now got into the large commercial side of business though, and to get my name out there among the vast number of cutters, I had to price a little lower. The key is finding out what your overhead is, the cost of doing business in general, add some profit, and a margin for the risk of doing business and you come up with your hourly charge. I have commercial equipment, and portray myself asa businessman, a professional. Since I have been in business, I have had no complaints, and only one no-pay,(which after the county attorney called his house, he seen the light, and payed up). My profit margin, may not be as high as yours, my overhead may not be as high as yours. There is alot of factors to display. Again, in my community, it is a sin, a moral sin to tell anyone what you bid on a job, it is a no no to tell your hourly rate per man hour....It's that competitive.
Now don't get me wrong, I hate the mom and pops just as much as the next guy. But I know that since I'm vearing off to the large commercial jobs, I have took care of the problem, simply because they don't want to spend the money for larger equipment.
In closing, everyone at some point is going to be called a low-baller simply because your competition didn't get the job that they wanted. Where there is customers that can care less about the way the lawn looks, there's going to be scum to mow it. Just look at the bright side, your making a good living today, and if you have the service and the quality, you'll still make a good living tommorrow.

kutnkru
03-05-2001, 04:24 PM
I can understand when a contractor such as your self is willing to take a small cut in price to get youre name out into the marketplace so that you can gain the notariety you are looking for.

I think the problem comes into play when people bid so much lower than the lowest bidder to do this.

If the majority of contractors in your area is charging $1/m sf, and you are bidding at $.80-.90 then yes you are putting your name out there. If you are bidding at $.75, regardless of overhead, operating costs, and expenditures then you are driving the market value down.

I think that many contractors need to understand that by droping $5 off per cut it shouldnt hurt the market as long as you are not under cutting the Lowest Bidders Guild. I too am for competiton, but I think more people need to say to their prospective clients:
I can cut your grass, and I will do it not only better and more efficiently, but for my knowledge it will cost you slightly higher.

Contractors will never be able to full educate their clients. We should be able to charge a little extra for competency/education/reliable service. This also equates to Quality and Value theories.

Just my nickle.
Kris

lbmd1
03-05-2001, 08:00 PM
I agree with lsylvain though regarding playing on the same level field. You can state that your costs may be lower thus resulting in a lower bid, but does your low overhead include one not paying taxes, insurance, workmans comp? Believe me, there are still guys out there with big equipment, large crews, etc.., still not paying these "professional" fees. I for one have standards and like others have said, if more of us stuck to our guns regarding pricing, we would set a rate in our respective areas that a customer would not be shopping around for price, but maybe through refferals, professional attire, personality, etc.. That guy that Kris from kutnkru spoke of earlier who low balls but makes almost $194,000 on $18 lawns doesn't pay workmens comp, witholds taxes from employess, or pay taxes on the full amount of earned income. I know him personally (not by choice) and he actually tells me this. He has been doing this for over 10 years and I hope someday he gets caught. For those of you who think lowballers won't be around for many years, think again! What goes around though, comes around.

Mike

Twotoros
03-05-2001, 10:09 PM
Mike turn him in. You should be able to do it anonymously on your state government website. That guy makes my skin burn!

cantoo
03-05-2001, 10:23 PM
These are from a property I bid last year, I was way high compared to the rest.
#1 was $2340
#2 was $3510 and had an extra charge for collection that bid asked for
#3 me was $5655 collection included
#1 is a new company, #2 is an established small company with a rep for poor work.
#3 is me a small part time company, I realize that I bid too high for the job but I was also getting to the point where we had enough customers so we bid it higher than we needed.
Would you guys think #1 was a low baller or just a guy with low overhead( semi retired older guy) ?
I know I could have done the job for alot less but why should I?

bobbygedd
03-06-2001, 12:54 AM
anonamously?(spelling) if u r gonna be a rat, at least have the b*lls to give your name. i cant stand people who try to get other people in trouble, the fact is if u give a guy enough rope he will "hang" himself. when i first started out, i had this moron call the d.e.p and tell them i was applying without a license. when the inspector came, he found nothing, but now i owed this lowlife. i knew where he liked to drink, and patiently waited down the block for him to leave the establishment, then called the police about this guy who just almost ran me off the road. guess what? yup, a D.W.I, FINES, SURCHARGES, and loss of licence. but as long as u r perfect, and never do anything wrong, u got nothing to worry about. just my opinion

LJ lawn
03-06-2001, 10:01 PM
i have to say the VALUE and QUALITY is one of those oxymoron statements kind of like "icy-hot".to use them in the same breath is more of a sales pitch.sorry but i don't agree the two can comfortably live together in a business format.if you do a quality job then you should get payed premium price. if the customer wants a value, ahem! i.e. second rate job, then they should go find the low ballers and the part-time lawn scabs to do their work and don't complain when they do a crummy job.remember you get what you pay for! i'm not about to give away my work to the customer who wants a rolls royce job for the yugo price.

bobbygedd
03-09-2001, 01:34 AM
ok, so what is wrong with operating a lawn service part time? i work 6-7 days a week, in adition to operating my lawn service. its called hustle! as opposed to slacking!i work and pay taxes 12 months a year, some just work 9 months(weather permitting) and slack(sleep late, hang around) the other 3 months. less crying and more hustle makes the $$$$$

MOW ED
03-09-2001, 05:39 AM
180 degree kneecap re-adjustment with a Louisville slugger.

bobbygedd
03-09-2001, 09:43 AM
dont get the knee cap thing

GrassMaster
03-09-2001, 11:27 AM
Sell them your wore out Equipment.
Reccomend problem customers to them.
Introduce your ex wives to them.
Tell your Mother in law that they were asking about her.
Call them on the phone & give them bad address to bid on.
If they have a fax machine, tape about 10 pieces of paper together into a loop & fax them before you go to bed.
Tell your county agent what great chemical applicators they are.
Give them gallon of round up & tell them it's a plant growth regulator.
If they have wasp nest in bushes, tell them to spray the whole bush so thy will not come back.
Tell them that the Home Cheapo has the best Lawn equipment made.
Tell them to do major pruning in August.
Tell them that .065 trimmer line is the best because it's so small & cuts quicker.
Tell them that shorter curve shaft trimmers are better & they work closer to the job.
Give them one of your 8 page Residential Contracts.
Tell them you have all the members of the family sign it, that you got to cover your ARSE.
Tell them you used to sharpen your blades at 90 degree angle.
Give them your wore out blades.
Tell them that you wised up & just throw away your dull blades now.
Tell them if they break out window that their homeowners insurance takes care of it.
Tell them that you mow, blow trim & edge. it's their responsibility to pick up the trash, hoses, toys, children & dogs. You are a Professional & don't have the time.
Tell them if mower gets out of time & starts to popping to pull off plug wire at full throttle.
On Saturdays you always cut with beer in hand because the husband will want one too.
Always bid about 3 times on commercial what you do on residential, because they can afford it.
If they see a bunch of cars at the customers house, stay there longer & runn the loudest equipment they got so the new potential customers know you earn your pay.
While there put your contracts spread out on their windshields.
Tell them that you tell all the customers family boys & girls too, how hot & sexy they are, also offer them to go out to eat, they get the picture.
Every house you go to you ask to borrow their bathroom & that shows how friendly you are. While there offer to clean it for them, because you are already on their payroll.
If they ask you to do something tell them that it's not your job.

Mower later, this is Part I of 50!

UGA
03-22-2002, 03:42 PM
Grassmaster that is pretty good stuff. Just curious are you Dawg? I hope your not one of those "Awebarn" tigers/Eagles, I always forget what they call themselves over there.

Pro-Lawn
03-22-2002, 06:35 PM
Low Ballers !! Always one on every corner. The digital picture idea is a funny one. But not too funny, i had a guy here in town report me, even though i wasnt spraying. Same guy that reported Lynn Gorell i do believe, he was trying to shut us down or scare us. Not sure which. Probably both. The funny part was it inspired me to go out and get my licence , now ill be spraying some of his accounts this season. LOL Paybacks are a B**** . LOL I dont step on anybodys toes, or at least i dont try to. But when i get stepped on, watch out. LOL :=)
All you need to do is provide a good quality PROFESSIONAL service, and you will be fine, let the low baller be . Let them run themselves out of business. They always eventually will .

Eric Goodwin
Pro-Lawncare.com:blob4:

rodfather
03-22-2002, 06:57 PM
What ever happened to the good 'ole day of getting "tarred and feathered". Oh wel..

Think that jim lewis and kutnkru made the most sense of it all. Lowballers will always be there, no matter where you work, or what niche in the industry you might have.

You just have to deal with them and sell the quality of the work you provide and value for the clent's almighty dollar.

my 2 cents.