PDA

View Full Version : Trimming bushes

mike payne
07-11-2005, 05:55 PM
What do you charge to trim bushes and remove the waste? I charge $5 for most bushes and $10 for large bushes. I use a Shina gas trimmer. Thanks

Jpocket
07-11-2005, 06:13 PM
I don't charge per bush I charge per job.

charlies
07-11-2005, 08:27 PM
$60 per hour. i take my time and do a good job. don't forget about dump time and fees.

DLS1
07-11-2005, 08:41 PM
What do you charge to trim bushes and remove the waste? I charge $5 for most bushes and $10 for large bushes. I use a Shina gas trimmer. Thanks

I did an estate a month ago that had over 200 bushes. Most were spirea which are easy to trim. Big bushes around $10+-. Medium $5 and small/medium spirea $3. I can trim a small/medium spirea in about 1 minute.

TC120
07-27-2005, 05:45 PM
I'm fairly new here, but have seen many questions asking people how and what to charge. This kinda perplexes me and I'll explain why. So many factors will go into pricing, your demographics, the income level for your competetion. The eaiest way I came up with pricing, was to sit with my accountant and cover each and every business expense and try and figure any unforseen expenses. Take that total by the year and divide that by the working weeks in a year, then divide that into an hourly minimum rate. The key will be hitting your target time when bidding. Example being, getting that trimming done in 6 man hours when bid for 6. It's trail an error but knowing what you need by the hour and charging that will make you :D every time.

charlies
07-27-2005, 06:13 PM
you have yourself a nice little plan there, but don't forget to figure in a little profit for yourself, lol.

he was asking what we charge, not what he should charge.