PDA

View Full Version : Fall Clean-ups

Green Leaves
07-14-2005, 05:50 PM
Hello all knowing members,
This is a great forum and I read daily, but usually do not post.
Question: How do you bill for your fall clean-ups, hourly or a set price? Do you spell it our clearly in the contract? If you bill a set price, is that price listed in the contract? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

yrdandgardenhandyman
07-14-2005, 06:25 PM
I usually charge hourly but don't tell the customer. Most would faint if I told them I was charging $60.00/ hour. Always bill by the job. After a while, you get a pretty good idea how long a job will take. And always remember, an estimate is just that. An estimate.
In the beginning I ended up taking an hour longer than I thought and thusly, lost money. I learned quick. Also, on my estimates I always put this note:

"It is understood that this is an estimate only and actual price may be slightly higher or lower upon completion. We, at XYZ Lawn Services, strive to complete all projects at or below estimated price. However, circumstances beyond our control do occur and costs may escalate. Price will not be allowed to be increased by more than 10% without knowledge and approval of the homeowner."
And then have them sign it. It's also a good idea to get at least 25% on estimates over $500.00.

ProLawns
07-14-2005, 09:01 PM
I charge for the routine service plus extra for the leaves. Sometimes it's $5 extra sometimes it's $35 extra during peak leaf season. If I clean out their beds I treat it as a seperate job and bill according to my hourly rate.