PDA

View Full Version : Accelerator for Toro 52 walk-behind

gml9
07-15-2005, 10:30 AM
I recently almost purchased a grass gobler for my Toro 52 but the dealer kept ordering the wrong one. And after feeling the weight of it without grass or being used, I can only imagine lifting it filled after a fullday of mowing!

Can you give me the parts numbers for the accelerator for my Toro 52 super flow, walk-behind mower? And what is the how much does it weigh? I can get the model number off the mower if need be. I think I purchased this one in 2000. Also, do you have anything so that I can keep my side discharge intack? I just purchased a Exmark and it is made to flip completely out of the way of the bagger....a nice feature.

Thanks in advance,
Drew

PeterA
07-16-2005, 12:20 AM
Drew,
does your mower look like the one in this link
http://www.acceleratorindustries.com/mower%20models/Toro44-52.htm
or the one in this
http://www.acceleratorindustries.com/mower%20models/ToroSFS.htm
Toro stared making the new superflow decks around 2001, so I assume you have the older sheet metal style without the lip running along the edge. If you have the older one, you need the GCTO44/52 catcher. If you have a newer model mower, you need GCTOSU. Pricing is the same on both (359.00 for the 4.15 catcher). As far as the deflector is concerned, It depends on the mower design. The deflector has to flip back far enough to get out of the way of the catcher. Also, on the older Toro machines, you need to mount a bracket (included with the catcher) that will probably keep the deflector from deploying all the way down (it bolts to the edge of the deck and sticks up about 1.5 inches). On some mowers you can "slot out" the deflector so the bracket pokes up through the slot when the deflector is down. Call me if you want some help with this.

PeterA
07-16-2005, 12:23 AM
Drew,
One more thing. If you do have the older toro deck I would warn you that it is not the best bagging deck around. You may get a bit of a "grass trail" between the deck and the bagger. If you mount a high lift blade right next to the catcher it will help a lot. This is not a problem on any of the mowers built since 2001. Toro has improved the deck design considerably.