PDA

View Full Version : Bush Removal - How much to charge

hesscapes
07-15-2005, 04:00 PM
I got a call today from a guy who would like a quote on bush removal. He said about 14 bushes and then he would like to have some new planted. Ones that really don't need up keep. Any suggestion on how to bid ? I haven't seen the yard yet so I don't know if they are shrubs or big buishes that will have to be cut out and then dug up. Is it per bush or per time? Also, any suggestions on the types of bushes that I can offer to plant that won't require much up keep ?
Thank you :)

topsites
07-15-2005, 06:03 PM
Well man, this could be anything from a front-of-house set of 3-foot little row of boxwoods to a 1/10th mile row of 16-foot tall redtips.
So yes, you guessed it: Anytime you get a call, you NEED to go look at the job so you can see what is involved, there is no way you can estimate anything over the phone - Tell this to the person and ask if they can give you their address so you can take a look-see. In the end it could be by the hour or it might be by the bush, it all depends what is involved and how long it will take and what equipment needs using, etc, etc...
So, go on out there, take a look and if you have more questions,
please be more specific and someone should be able to help.
Good Luck. :)

Dirty Water
07-15-2005, 06:46 PM
If its big stuff, like old arborvitea or junipers, I love bringing a mini excavator up. I can clear out things incredibly fast with one, without much (if any) digging.

Its like weeding with a giant hand :)

Scapegoat
07-15-2005, 07:01 PM
I thought this was gonna be a political thread from the title. :p

Dirty Water
07-15-2005, 07:07 PM
Well in that case, I'll donate $25 towards bush Removal :)

freddyc
07-16-2005, 12:14 AM
I'm in for $50.