PDA

View Full Version : Grasshopper out front?????

John Gamba
07-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Pete
Will your 6.2 or Jumbo fit the 52 and 60" Out Front Grasshopper mower.

Thank You
John

PeterA
07-15-2005, 11:29 PM
Hi John,
I have not sold a large number of catchers for the grasshopper, but we do have a model for it. The part number is GCGHXL. We have a few pictures of the catcher mounted on the grasshopper mower.
http://www.acceleratorindustries.com/mower%20models/grasshop.htm
If you want to be really sure, email me the opening measurements on your mower. You will have to remove the deflector assembly that sticks out over the edge of the mower to get the catcher to fit properly.

John Gamba
07-16-2005, 07:40 AM
Thanks Peter.

I seen it on the mid mount, I didnt know if you recommended it for the out front model.

John

Mowingman
07-16-2005, 09:09 AM
The mounting brackets on the decks, are the same on a front deck and the midmount deck of similar size. Therefore, there should be no reason a catcher designed for a midmount, would not mount on a front deck machine.

John Gamba
07-17-2005, 08:07 AM
The mounting brackets on the decks, are the same on a front deck and the midmount deck of similar size. Therefore, there should be no reason a catcher designed for a midmount, would not mount on a front deck machine.

Some times the out front decks with the floating option can tilt to one side alot faster then a mid mount. Also when it comes to mowers never take anything for granted.
John

Mowingman
07-17-2005, 09:14 AM
I can not see why the front deck would tilt more than a midmount. The midmount is chain-suspended, so it looks like it could tilt easier than a front deck. I can stand on the very edge of the deck on a front deck machine, and it will not tip,(I weigh 210). I know the catcher will be hanging out off the edge, but that front deck is one heavy piece of iron.

John Gamba
07-17-2005, 10:03 AM
I can not see why the front deck would tilt more than a midmount. The midmount is chain-suspended, so it looks like it could tilt easier than a front deck. I can stand on the very edge of the deck on a front deck machine, and it will not tip,(I weigh 210). I know the catcher will be hanging out off the edge, but that front deck is one heavy piece of iron.

Some of the out front have a PIVOT option. I had pics of the chain hung deck like on my lazers that had full baggers on the side and they did good as long as you slowed down. I found what size bagger i'm talking about. This can make a deck that pivots a lot lower on one side. On the lazers it did Quite well.
John

Mowingman
07-17-2005, 12:14 PM
Boy, you can really do some collecting with that. That thing is huge. How do you handle it when full? Isn't it too heavy to carry, or can you dump it somehow without removing it from the machine?

John Gamba
07-17-2005, 01:12 PM
Boy, you can really do some collecting with that. That thing is huge. How do you handle it when full? Isn't it too heavy to carry, or can you dump it somehow without removing it from the machine?

The extension comes off first(thank god) then you take off the 6.2. it can weigh alot, so its good to know if it could tilt the deck.
John

PeterA
07-17-2005, 01:24 PM
John,
as long as the deck has the same opening, the catcher will fit fine. The only possible hangup would be if the wheelbase is wider than the deck, since the catcher comes straight back from the opening (if the tire comes over the edge of the deck the catcher will rub on the tire). As far as deck tilt, it is not only the weight of the deck that affects this, but how wide apart the main arms that support the deck are. If the support arms are out near the edge, the deck is harder to tilt. I have not had any feedback on this particular configuration so it is hard to give you a good answer. Mowingman's comment about stepping on the edge of the deck to see if it will tilt is a good suggestion in my mind.

John Gamba
07-17-2005, 01:30 PM
John,
as long as the deck has the same opening, the catcher will fit fine. The only possible hangup would be if the wheelbase is wider than the deck, since the catcher comes straight back from the opening (if the tire comes over the edge of the deck the catcher will rub on the tire). As far as deck tilt, it is not only the weight of the deck that affects this, but how wide apart the main arms that support the deck are. If the support arms are out near the edge, the deck is harder to tilt. I have not had any feedback on this particular configuration so it is hard to give you a good answer. Mowingman's comment about stepping on the edge of the deck to see if it will tilt is a good suggestion in my mind.

Its always good to ask you before i do anything. You never know if you have heard of a problem on something i want to do. It looks good from here.

Thanks again John