PDA

View Full Version : What State?

John Deere
03-05-2001, 07:19 PM
Just curious what state would be one of the better states to live in if you owned a lawn care or landscaping service or even if you don't live there and you have heard it's a good state for this biz.

Criteria:
1. Weather
2. Climate
3. Average household income
4. Economy
5. Population

I would like to hear from some of you out there that might live in a state where you can either do lawn care of landscaping year round. I live in Nebraska and we base everything off of 26-28 mowings in season. From December to March we are basically shut down due to the cold and snow.

Runner
03-05-2001, 07:36 PM
Hawaii.

sgreanbean
03-05-2001, 07:48 PM
im in iowa but was stationed in beaufort sc, tha bases are mowed by a outside contractor (one of us!)One hell of a contract!
its always warm and i mowed my yard almost year round.MY FATHER IN LAW VIDEA TAPED THW WEATHER ON CHRISTMAS DAY! It was 74 degrees and sunny

LoneStarLawn
03-05-2001, 08:11 PM
The Top Three:

1.Florida
2.Texas
3.Hawaii

Of course this is just my opinion...

bob
03-05-2001, 09:08 PM
I read an artical in Turf , that a LCO in Las Vegas slows down to cutting every other week in the winter. That sounds pretty good.

MikeGA
03-05-2001, 09:52 PM
I live in North GA below the mountains and you can forget on needing to cut grass from september till about mid to end of march.
From what I have heard on here, lower coastal areas or up NORTH where you can do snow removal when you can't mow grass.