PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here from Kansas?

Kansas Turf Man
03-05-2001, 08:29 PM
I am from southwestern Kansas and was wondering how many people on this site are also from the area. I was also wondering if any of you are planning on going to the 3I show this year. If you are it would be nice to meet you. I will also be at the Garden City, KS home show and the Dodge City Show in the mall. We will also be at the home show in Great Bend starting on March 30. Well if your around let me know.

Thanks Look foreward to meeting all af you.

Mscotrid
03-05-2001, 08:36 PM
Nathan,

Welcome aboard the lawnsite express, looks like you have your schedule full of upcoming shows.

What services do you provide, who are your suppliers in the great SW Kansas area.

Might schedule KSU field day in Wichita in July or August this year. Check with your extension office for the exact date.

Kansas Turf Man
03-05-2001, 08:49 PM
Check out my website to see what I provide. I go to School at K-State So I am at the Show every day. I will be done with school in May and working full time on my sod farm. Our site lists our other services. We sell Sod, Bark, compost, and rock. We also prepare athletic fields.

http://www.northamericanturf.com

Mscotrid
03-05-2001, 09:01 PM
I graduated fromNebraska and I'm looking forward to the cats coming to Lincoln this fall. It's time the Huskers put the Cats back in the proper place:)

Pooners
03-05-2001, 09:37 PM
close by....Kansas City, MO. I have traveled all over Kansas but have not heard of Ingalls. Where is that. I have been to the world's largest "meat packing plant" of Dodge City. wow....you can almost smell it from Wichita.

tlcgrounds
03-05-2001, 11:50 PM
hey guys,
I'm from SeKansas. The climate is a lot diffrent from here compared to KSU. I have a freind who is a sophomore at KSU. WE run about 90K here in sales and most of it comes from the early spring and summer. Then the drought. Bermuda is a big nuisance here.

Kansas Turf Man
03-06-2001, 01:20 AM
Ingalls is halfway between Dodge City and Garden City. Yeah there are lots of packing plants and cattle around here. There area around 150,000 people in the area and over 1,000,000 head of cattle. Almost all of the land is irrigated. Farming and Cattle are about as big as anywhere in the world. There are more cattle withing 200 miles of Ingalls than there is in the rest of the US combined. Garden and Dodge are growing quite rapidly and business is good.

As far as my cats in Nebraska, we'll see I've seen them play the last four years and we are 2 & 2 since I've been up here. Granted you kicked our buts for 29 straight years. If we beat the Huskers In Lincoln I will be suprised. Drunk and Suprised. Drunk, Suprised, and Very Happy I'll be there with my purple flag flying high.

Thanks for the response, keep them coming.

[Edited by Kansas Turf Man on 03-06-2001 at 05:22 AM]

Kansas Turf Man
03-07-2001, 01:28 AM
<B>Mscotrid</B>

Do you know of anyone there in Johnson county needing a job. I saw today on the bullitin board that Meyers Sod farm is looking for an operations Manager. He's wanting someone with some experience. Probably pays great he has around 2000 acres of sod.