PDA

View Full Version : Lawnsweeper?

lee b
03-05-2001, 09:46 PM
One of my accounts, a distribution center with about 1500 employees, has an area about 1 acre where everyone throws their cigarette butts and candy wrappers. I was wondering if a lawnsweeper would pick-up this kind of trash? I really do not want to saddle my mower with a bagger. The sweeper could also pick up pine cones at another account. What do ya think?

mdb landscaping
03-05-2001, 10:43 PM
im suif a lawn sweepers gets up leaves re it would. inbedded in the lawn, i cant think of why it wouldnt pick up the trash.

Runner
03-05-2001, 11:31 PM
Absolutely! Though plain, a little old fashioned looking, and not really high on technology, sweepers are still a valuable asset for their simplicity in design and function. Basically, they get the job done! :)

Lawnking
03-06-2001, 12:57 AM
If your talking about a Toro turf sweeper than the answer is yes. It will also pick up just about anything you throw in front of it. It does come at a hefty price though, $12,000 for a new one. I have one for spring clean ups and it the best piece of spring clean up equipment i have. Its an expensive tool for about 30 days of use per year, but worth it if you can swing the money.

Runner
03-06-2001, 01:30 AM
I think he was talking about a 2 hundred dollar tow behind. Granted, it may not last a whole lot of seasons, but for the work that was described, it will sure do.

Lawnking
03-06-2001, 01:51 AM
Runner-
Now i understand what your talking about. I havent seen on of thoes sweepers in years. Though i have seen them in catalogs. I think i'll stick with my toro.

Joe W.
03-06-2001, 05:26 PM
I think Sears still sells them.

1stclasslawns
03-06-2001, 07:02 PM
I have to adnit I have one and use it on occasion, it does a nice job, I even use it to sweep up stuff on driveways, just lawn stuff no rocks or anything.
The one I have is from sears it is a "high performance"
one 8 to 1 rotation or somthing like that the others are like 4 to one.
When I pull it fast it will throw stuff right over the top of the hopper. It does pick up ciggerette butts ok if they arnt imbeded too bad, if they are mow first thatll puff up the lilbeggers!
Jim

Mowman
03-06-2001, 08:26 PM
Lee,
I used a Parker Lawn Sweeper two years ago after thatching my Dads lawn. It worked awesome, it also picked up butts and everything else that was in the yard after winter. I do not own one though. We borrowed it from his neighbor. I have often thought about buying one. Like I said they work great, the only thing is they fill up quite fast.
Good Luck,
Mowman

Jusmowin
03-06-2001, 10:13 PM
Buy a BILLY GOAT vac those systems are great .