PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for a laser level?

Dreams To Designs
07-17-2005, 05:47 PM
What model & accessories, laser level would you suggest and why? I have been working with a budding paver installer and it is time he takes the step to purchasing a laser instead of renting one. I have found the self leveling feature to be very handy, but have a question as to the need for the grade option.

Kirk

YardPro
07-17-2005, 05:59 PM
i have the dewalt
very nice.

the self leveler is about $1K
the manual leveler is about half that

mbella
07-17-2005, 07:35 PM
I use a Topcon self leveler. I like that option. Press a button and when it starts spinning, your good. If it stops spinning, you know something is wrong.

We have the single slope, but I never use it.

rodzilla94
07-17-2005, 09:39 PM
like embella said topcon is the best just push the button and it levels its self i use one in my day job (construction)lol i use to use spectra lasers but switched to topcon so i bought 5 of them dont go cheap on these $1k or more seems alot but you get what you pay for and the question you need to ask '' is my business worth the best or the craftsman laser will do''. you be the judge

cgland
07-17-2005, 11:08 PM
We have a CMT/Berger self leveling laser and it works well for us.

Chris

Dreams To Designs
07-22-2005, 07:55 AM
Thank you all for your responses. I will check out the Topcon and compare to the CST/Berger. Interesting comments on the slope feature.

Kirk

landscapingpoolguy
07-25-2005, 08:54 AM
I have a David White self leveler but my guys never use it. They prefer string lines and line levels. At least I dont worry about an expensive laser being broken on a job site.

Chuck

LawnMowerBoy48
07-26-2005, 11:19 PM
Bunce Industries, I worked for the previous owner/founder and they have a great product line, laser levels, transits, metal detectors, and some doo hickey thing that you attach to a machine ie a bulldozer and it operates the hydraulics to maintain a perfect grade,