PDA

View Full Version : SNOW

Toad
03-06-2001, 07:40 AM
As if winter here in New York has not been long enough , we now have 15'' of new snow. So I say to you guys allready mowing , HOPE YOUR HAVING FUN, hahaha. Just thought you would like to hear some of my problems. Really want to get out and smell some fresh cut green.

Charles
03-06-2001, 10:51 AM
We got howling wind and cold weather in the South. My funds are running short too. The grass and weeds were just beginning to greenup and grow. Now its back to the winter crap at least for another week :(. Yea Toad it be bad to have snow now if you are not a plow guy. But at least up north there is rarely a drought

Mr.Ziffel
03-06-2001, 11:26 AM
Record highs here in [non-]rainy Washington state. The Exmark rep brought the new UltraVac out yesterday so we could test it on my 60 inch Lazer in wet grass, but it was bone dry! Worked great on the dry stuff though. They expect a drought here throughout the summer so this is the year to visit if you're thinking of it! Will

ron
03-07-2001, 10:15 PM
Sorry Dude
Been cutting grass since Feb the grass here is all green and alot of my clients are wanting me to cut once a week now instead of every two weeks high temp so far was 88. good ole fl sunshine he he he lol lol...well atleast you are making good money plowing

jason2
03-07-2001, 11:56 PM
Here in eastern WA it has been warm too. But where i live, there is still about 2 feet of snow on the ground. In Spokane, 40 miles south of me the snow is disappearing fast.

I'll probably be starting cleanups in 2 weeks, and I still can't get to my lawn trailer. Snow is so wet and heavy from the melting that my plow will not push it. Getting a bit worried. Probably going to have to dig out 400 feet with a shovel just to get at the trailer. I must have been brain dead last fall when I decided to park the trailer where I did.

Toad
03-09-2001, 07:29 AM
Hey Ron
I think i'll come down to Florida for a vaca and help you out mowing for a bit, shure would be a fun, then I could try out your ssz and see how it's going to work for me.