PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed trailers

GTLC
07-19-2005, 11:20 PM
i'm looking into a 7x14 enclosed trailer, basic, not all pimped out. I'm looking between a Pace American, Wells Cargo, Haulmark, and Interstate. I was just out looking at an Interstate earlier today. I'm looking for the best value I can get in a single axle trailer this size.

cet
07-20-2005, 06:46 PM
I am not sure that they make a single axle trailer that big. I have a 6x10 single axle Wells Cargo and it has been great. Well build and very little rust for a 5 year old trailer.

RedWingsDet
07-20-2005, 09:28 PM
the cheapest is probabally a haulmark. best is a wells cargo (I think, i cant remember)... I recommend getting something better than a haulmark. I have one, I like it alot, but I just know its not built like the others. Im sure the other brands have bigger studs and whatnot, where when I tried drilling into mine to hang up my weed whips and all, the only studs that were there were the metal ones. Oh well. But hey, get whatcha can afford

mrusk
07-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Premier- I have a haulmark too. I ordered mine and paid alot because i have alot of options. However i am not too happy with the fit and finish on some of the stuff. However as long as it is structually strong i will be happy?

jimslawns
07-20-2005, 11:45 PM
Look at the warranty. Wells Cargo is 6 years most of the rest are 2 years. :)

CutNLawns
07-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Just bought a 7x14 Interstate a few months ago. I got the tandem axles, HD ramp, increased the std 32" side door to 48" so I can run my 36" metro and 21" in/out the side door for smaller jobs so I don't have to unload the ZTR every stop and the mellenium package too. Mine is all decked out and ran me $5700 out the door. Wells is good but didn't look at them but it was a too up between the Interstate and the Haulmark and I went with the interstate. It was about $500 cheaper too but seemed to be built better than the Haulmark. Interstate has 8" I beams vs the 6" the others have and all the doors are very solid and well built. I am very happy with my decision but I will say if you are set on the 14' then get the 16' or 18' because it fills up fast!

GTLC
07-21-2005, 01:21 PM
I was looking at the advantages to the Interstate the other day talking to the dealer, and I guess the Torflex axles are a big advantage over the others, especially the spring axle trailers.

MowerMoney
07-21-2005, 04:48 PM
I bought a 6' X 12' Pace American with single Torsion axle at the start of last year. By this year it was too small (oh well, have to live with it for a while longer yet). I would suggest that you go with the biggest you can afford cause they really do fill up fast, especially if you are planning to upgrade to larger mowers in the next few years. I would also suggest that you go for the tanden axles as the ride is smoother and the trailer backs up easier.
Just my $.02

Guthrie&Co
07-21-2005, 09:28 PM
does anyone hav the fuel fill doors? i was wondering if this would be a good idea and if it prevented your from unloading at the pump

Itsgottobegreen
07-23-2005, 09:36 PM
Wells cargo. I have one and love it. But it will be for sale this fall. I need a bigger trailer. Mine is 7 by 16. I need a 8 by 20 or 8 by 22. You can't see my trailer behind my dump truck nor feel it with the 7.3 power stroke. :D

No one builds a better trailer than wells cargo. My current new trailer design has me up at $9000.

PLS-Tx
01-24-2006, 01:04 AM
Wells cargo. I have one and love it. But it will be for sale this fall. I need a bigger trailer. Mine is 7 by 16. I need a 8 by 20 or 8 by 22. You can't see my trailer behind my dump truck nor feel it with the 7.3 power stroke. :D

No one builds a better trailer than wells cargo. My current new trailer design has me up at $9000.

Did you order that new Wells Cargo yet?