PDA

View Full Version : Excalibur 22" Gas Hedge Trimmer

Landscape89
07-20-2005, 12:21 AM
I was wondering if anyone here has the above listed piece of equipment that they use for Hedge Trimming. I just bought 2 of my own and I would like to know if anyone that has had experience with them if they produce a nice cut on the bushes/shrubs?

Thanks,
SH

dcplace2004
07-20-2005, 03:14 AM
from places like blowes and wally world...that thing SUCKS!...it shreds and frays the ends of the stems an does not give a clean cut...the pull mechanism hurts your hand when you pull to start it--it catches and snaps your hand...the fuel tank is minute...it is heavy...no power...do you want any more thoughts on the piece of crap...you get what you pay for--I had to find that out the hard way...if you must, buy it for now and just get the job done, take the money you make from that hedge job, take the junk back to wally world and get your money back, then go buy a good set of hedge trimmers...I have still not decided on what is the best to buy, but it is not that weedeater brand! At the very least, get the echo HC150 from home depot for 269.00 plus tax...

lwcmattlifter
07-20-2005, 09:58 AM
Why did you buy 2? If it were me i would take both back and get a small hedge trimmer from Echo, Tanaka, or Stihl.

BCSteel
07-20-2005, 10:45 AM
Why would you buy something and then ask for info on it?

dcplace2004
07-20-2005, 12:59 PM
if it ever floods there...or ask if the neighbors are pieceful...or ask if the electrical and plumbing meet standards, or ask if the house is built on top of a toxic waste dump... :)

Lawn Masters
07-20-2005, 01:32 PM
I looked at the excalibur model ONCE, when I was 10, then said screw this cause I was runnin the neighbors Echo HC1600 which even with a toasted piston/cylinder, it still beat the excalibur by a factor of 1000. the excalibur lacks a double reciprocating blade set, its just a set of squared edges sliding back and forth, not a set of SHARP blades like the Echo has, which slice the stem giving a clean smooth cut. When I had an SHC2100, those were nice to have, I never really used mine much, but it was nice to have.