PDA

View Full Version : Well respected customer

T-Bone
03-06-2001, 06:42 PM
For the past three years I have taken care of a elderly couples lawn. Today I called to talk to them because I hadn't heard from them. When the lady answered I told her who I was and asked for her husband. She asked if this had to do with lawn care and stated that they already had a great lawn service. As my jaw dropped I thought maybe she didn't understand who I was so I explained that I had taken care of there lawn maint. for the past three years and was hoping to have there business this year. Then she started laughing and said people call or stop by all the time and want to offer there service, I misunderstood the name when I answered and just thought it was anohter lawn service.
We definitly want your service.

Wish they were all like this couple.

joshua
03-06-2001, 06:47 PM
i love when i call my customers at the begining of the year and they say other people call, its funny to me because my customers love me. i have never lost a customer due to quality. good luck ron.

kutnkru
03-06-2001, 06:51 PM
I dont know if you keep track of your customers B-Days/Anniv/Grand-Childrens Names/Thanksgiving/X-Mas/etc. but those are the ones who deserve to have a free dinner at your expense. I would also make sure that for the Holidays they get 2 terrific bottles of their two favorite wines, or the biggest gift basket on your list.

Congratulations on making a client extremely happy. And keep up the great work!
Kris

1MajorTom
03-07-2001, 12:13 AM
It sure makes ya feel good to hear that your customers are satisfied. Nice going Ron.

I disagree a little with you Kris. Yeah we send Christmas cards to all our customers. It is a nice touch.

But anniversaries, grandchildren names, thanksgiving, etc just seems like a bit much.
Nope, I do not get bottles of wine from my dentist. Nope, no gift basket from my accountant. Nope, my attorney does not remember my anniversary. And I consider myself a great customer :) I go to these people because I like the service they provide.

If a LCO provides a good reliable honest service, customers will like you. No bottle of wine needed.

[Edited by 1MajorTom on 03-07-2001 at 05:18 AM]

jjfehr
03-07-2001, 12:55 AM
For the write off, I mean the bottles of wine, you could almost count on these customers until they die!!! Yeah, your accountant doesn't, but what if he did? Even if your brother was a c.p.a. it would be hard to leave your current guy because you feel such a strong bond with him! albeit, it's only a bottle of wine. Hell $10 a year / customer is hardley a price to pay to ensure their future business!

russman
03-07-2001, 09:39 AM
I have a customer acouple of years back I called talked to her and went over to start the clean-up. Now remind you this was probably the third year that I had done her property. I got done with the clean-up,my wife helped and oldest son. The lady came out and thanked us and wanted to pay me right then. Naturally I said fine and told her we would be back when the grass started to grow to start mowing. She said no it was o.k. she already had a fine mowing company. It took several minutes to explain that I was that company. She finally understood and apologized. Come to find out she had a couple of tumors removed from her brain over the winter. She thought that I was just a friendly neighbor who had come over to give her a hand. I still have her as a customer today and she is doing fine.

kutnkru
03-07-2001, 10:09 AM
I had one of my younger bros helping us out last summer while he was home from college so he could pick up some extra $$$.

We mow several houses that are abutting neighbors so I told him to just cut thru the yard and start on Jack's lawn. we were planning on pulling the truck around the block when we finished on the other side. The heat was cranking and it was a saturday, so I let the guys take of their shirts which we normally wouldnt do.

Anyhow, when I pulled up I see Jack had gotten the hose out and was blasting my bros back to get him off his property. When I ran up I explained to Jack that he was my bro and was he home for the summer. Jack appologoized and said that he didnt recognize the young man mowing his back yard.

Just goes to show you how far people will go when they are happy with our work -he.he.he.LOLOLOL!!

Kris

1stclasslawns
03-07-2001, 11:11 AM
I havnt had a costumer yet that wasnt glad I called back in the spring.
The managers of the apartments I do told me the other day if they make her go with another LCO she is going to be a real witch to them (poor guys). They have got a reputation to look up to and she said its not going to be easy.

I, like some of you had my brother almost ran off cause he didnt look like me last year.