PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to cut the sides off a trailer?

davechick12
07-22-2005, 07:47 PM
A few years ago my cousin and I bought a 6 by10 trailer with 5 ft high sides of metal or something not wood we used it to carry mulch. I was woundering if it would be possible to get the sides cut down to 1 foot high? My other opition is to just sell the trailer and buy a new one. The trailer will be used to carry a 36in walk behind and a ztr. I have a 2000 f150 that should pull the trailer with no major problems iam hoping.
thanks for any help or opions

Itsgottobegreen
07-23-2005, 10:24 PM
I would keep it that way. Most guys would kill to have a trailer with the high sides for mulch. You will regret it if you cut it off.

foggyjr5
07-23-2005, 10:27 PM
my trailer had like 5 foot tall sides on it when i bought it, and i decided to cut them down and i dont regret it at all.

Cutter LLC
07-23-2005, 10:27 PM
would keep it that way. Most guys would kill to have a trailer with the high sides for mulch. You will regret it if you cut it off.

I would :) but anything is possible if you want

ed2hess
07-23-2005, 11:11 PM
I don't like the idea of high sides we put a lot stuff like gas cans, sprayers, chemicals, etc. in the trailer. I would hate to have to walk to the back all the time to get to it. As far as mulch you can round it up with 12" sides and get a lot on, then put tarp over it.