PDA

View Full Version : Clogging anyone else having a problem

NEUSWEDE
07-22-2005, 08:21 PM
I have a bagger for my Exmark Turf Tracer HP and I have been having problems for awhile of clogging at the bagger opening. it won't pack all the way back and clogs and spits out grass and I have to stop and take off the bagger and push everything to the back and reattach. I have used hi lift blades and gator hilift blades. What can I do?
Thanks

NEUSWEDE
07-24-2005, 07:05 AM
Wow I am the only one with this problem? Something must be wrong with my bagger

PeterA
07-24-2005, 09:13 PM
Newswede,
I assume since you are posting here that you have an accelerator bagger? On exmark mowers, I have had very few complaints (almost none) about the ability of the catcher to fill fully. Are you sure you are getting full blade RPM? (belt slippage could cause this). Our bagger was designed for wet mowing, and has a tremendous amount of ventilation, so I doubt the bag itself is the problem. Please give me a call and I will try to help you with this problem.

J.Gordon
07-26-2005, 12:00 AM
I have never had a problem with my Accelerator clogging before its completely full. Even when mowing wet grass. I would check the things Peter told you. I would try double high lifts if you have enough power to run them.

NEUSWEDE
07-26-2005, 06:56 AM
I have a 17 hp motor with a 48" deck and me on the back on a sulky, so I think doubles would slow the blade speed. I don't think the belts are slipping, I will call you and talk about it anyways. It just seems to jam in the opening and not fill, works great on dry grass!
I will call and talk with you today or tomorrow time permitting.
Thanks

John Gamba
07-26-2005, 07:58 AM
I have a 17 hp motor with a 48" deck and me on the back on a sulky, so I think doubles would slow the blade speed. I don't think the belts are slipping, I will call you and talk about it anyways. It just seems to jam in the opening and not fill, works great on dry grass!
I will call and talk with you today or tomorrow time permitting.
Thanks

If you are clumping big time and mowing fast, it will leave a clump at the opening so the grass catches there and it will clog. Thick wet grass will jam the bagger. Like Mr gordon said try Doubles it will work.
John

Oh i forgot, Is your bagger clean??????? in wet grass it will get grass covered.

NEUSWEDE
07-26-2005, 06:28 PM
yea it is clean and when it is wet I go slow and still I get clogging. I will throw doubles when it does it again. It is so dry now the gras is barely growing!
Thanks for your input john.

John Gamba
07-26-2005, 07:50 PM
yea it is clean and when it is wet I go slow and still I get clogging. I will throw doubles when it does it again. It is so dry now the gras is barely growing!
Thanks for your input john.

Anytime :waving:

Meg-mo Blades send the grass threw the back door :laugh:

John

NEUSWEDE
07-27-2005, 08:33 AM
those mega mo blades are expensive right like 200-300 for a set? I can't see spending money on that, but I might just have to!
thanks

John Gamba
07-27-2005, 08:37 AM
those mega mo blades are expensive right like 200-300 for a set? I can't see spending money on that, but I might just have to!
thanks

Wait till you get then in leaves, Wet leaves :D

John

Oh try Doubles first.

KathysLGC
08-08-2005, 05:08 PM
I have the 48"TTHP 17hp with Velke and the XL catcher. No problems. Most of the time i run doubles. Original Gators on top of Exmarks high lifts.. In tall wet grass it won't pack as full as normal but it still fills up to about 80% which is fine because with a 6.2 cu ft bagger, it gets heavy when wet. I only use it for leaves and when a lawn has a fungus or something I don't want to spread.
Check your tention bolt and make sure it's lined up to where it's supposed to be.