View Full Version : getting fat

SDF250
03-06-2001, 10:17 PM
2 years ago i got a sulky and gained prob. 10 #'s

last year i got a lazer gained about 20 more

DID THIS HAPPEN TO ANYBODY ELSE

Bassman
03-06-2001, 10:26 PM
Not yet...Between the property cleanup's and trimming, staying pretty fit so far. I have gained a few pounds during winter but that will come off in a hurry this spring/summer.

Mark
03-06-2001, 10:33 PM
Lay off the junk-food and eat more fruits/vegies. I use my sulky only on large yds where my Z-Master wont reach. You can also walk that extra weight off,or maybe a little exercise.. Bet when that hot weather hits and you lay off that sulky every other yd the lbs will go. Marks Mowing Service

TJLC
03-06-2001, 10:33 PM
That's one of the main reasons I don't use my velke much. It was making me fat and lazy. I can't imagine what I would look like if I rode. LOL.

joshua
03-06-2001, 10:40 PM
you guys can give me some of that weight, i onlt weigh 158lbs, no making fun , but i need to get some

SDF250
03-06-2001, 10:45 PM
I'M ONLY AT 160 BUT IT SEEM LIKE IVE BEEN DRINKING 24/7

bob
03-06-2001, 10:58 PM
My wife said that I would get fat riding a ZTR. But I tell her that I get my exercise when I use the trimmer. I'll gain 10-15lbs over the einter, but I'll loose it in a month or two.

Mowman
03-08-2001, 05:21 PM
Ah, yes I got a Walker ZTR last June and really packed on the pounds. Until then I was only using a WB. I tipped the scales in Jan. at 212#. I then went on a diet program called Herbalife and since Jan.8,2001 I have lost 27#. I am still dropping off the #s and want to get to 175#s before I start cutting again. This year I will be drinking more water instead of pop and eating right. No more McDonalds, Wendys,Taco Bell ect. I hope I can maintain it after I start mowing again. Wife said she could see a gain after I got the Walker. So my advice is eat right and even riding a ZTR you should be able to maintain your present weight.
Good Luck,
Mowman

MikeGA
03-08-2001, 05:50 PM
When I started loking into getting into the business, I was just proud they made the ZTRs so fat folks could ride them.
I am 6' and went to the doc yesterday cause I was sick and had gone from 260 last Jan to 280. Usually when I sit on my a$$ infront of this computer during the winter I will gain a 15 - 20#, but I have been running around doing things this winter. But I don't know howmany of the 49cent Burger King cheese burgers I have eaten in the last 2 months running around. After the doc visit, I stopped and got a 99cent Chicken sandwich. Ever noticed it costs alot more to eat better.

guntruck
03-08-2001, 06:15 PM
Check this one out fellas pretty funny..........but reality =)

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=9160

Shack
03-08-2001, 09:27 PM
I hate to admit it but I am also 280. Have not touch a wb in 4 years. This season I am going to start off every property with a wb.

HOMER
03-08-2001, 10:06 PM
You Gawga boys sure is big............too much cornbread huh. I have been pretty active the past month and already notice about 10 pounds weight loss. My wife has lost 15 since using the new treadmill and watching fat grams and calories. I was supposed to be using the treadmill to get in shape but I.ve only walked 1 mile so far.

joshua
03-08-2001, 10:48 PM
i don't get it, i eat everything in the house i can't gain weight, the funny thing is i keep losing weight. could anyone help?

CCLC
03-09-2001, 12:37 AM
I think this is the story of a lot of guys lives. Pork out in winter, shed it in the summer...until...he buys a ZTR.

HOMER
03-09-2001, 07:33 AM
Joshua, how old are you? You are probably like many that have a turbo charged metabolism. I used to, couldn.t gain a pound. When I slow down in the winter and start sitting here like I am now I can add a few pounds easier than a few years ago. Good thong about me I still lose it after I get busy!!!!!!! When the day comes that I actually have to diet I.ll start watching what I eat, till then.......look out baby, bring on the food and especially the Blue Bell homeade vanilla............just love them coke floats,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,anybody eat coke floats?

Jerrys Lawn Service
03-09-2001, 10:40 PM
This happens every year 228LBS during mid season and 245LBS during mid winter I've just come to accept thats what happens when your in this business, you work like a dog all summer and sleep like a dog all winter.(except when it snows)

Good Luck!
jerryslawnservice@home.com

John DiMartino
03-09-2001, 10:53 PM
Joshua-rapid unexplained weight loss is a warning sign of Diabeties,along with high thirst,moodiness and many other things.I need a diet and excersize bad-glad spring is almost here-need to get outside and working again .

kutnkru
03-09-2001, 11:53 PM
I have gained a little more than my usual this winter. I usually go from a loose 34/35in. waist to a loose 36. This season I have gained almost 45lbs. and am in loose 38s. I am the largest I have ever been at 256lbs.

Yes I am the proof that I have been at this site far more often than has been healthy for me -LOL

Kris