PDA

View Full Version : Feldman Engineering Tow Aerator

lakegastonla
03-06-2001, 09:23 PM
Is anyone using this aerator? Their literature package says it is commercial quailty, but for around 600 bucks I don't see how it could be. Someone please tell me otherwise, cause I'd like to buy one as long as they are worthwhile. Thanks, in advance for any input.

kev

65hoss
03-06-2001, 11:43 PM
Do you have a link?

Runner
03-07-2001, 02:32 AM
This is the aerator I use and it is EXCELLENT especially for the money. This thing IS built heavy duty. Everything is fully greasable, and the tine wheels turn independently so it does not tear turf when cornering. I have the 60" model, and it works great even in hard clay soils with 5 75# tubesand bags on it. It takes less weight for normal and soft soils. Excellent penetration, you can pull it right along at a pretty good clip, and it pulls easy with very little resistance. The lever handle easily raises and lowers the tines by moving the large pneumatic caster wheels up and down. For the bang for the buck award, this outfit gets a 10. Though the site doesn't have much info on the aerator itself, they do have ordering info, and phone number. The company is really good about sending literature and price sheets. The site is http://www.turfvent.com.

[Edited by Runner on 03-07-2001 at 07:34 AM]

lakegastonla
03-07-2001, 05:36 AM
Thanks runner! What do you pull it with? How many hp do they suggest as a min.?

Runner
03-07-2001, 08:03 AM
I pull it with a John Deere tractor, but my Lazer has absolutely NO trouble pulling it at all either.