PDA

View Full Version : kawasaki weedeaters, edgers, trimmers???

captdevo
03-06-2001, 10:25 PM
I was thinking of dealing and using kawasaki trimmers, edgers, and weedeaters. I would like all feedback, good and bad. I have used a couple of whips that seemed pretty tough, but never used any other equip.

65hoss
03-07-2001, 12:42 AM
They are much lighter than my stihls. I do not know about the power though. Just because something says higher hp or cc's does not necessarily mean it can get it to the shaft. One thing I did not like about the kawi was the loop handle was huge. Just walking around acting like I was using it was hitting me in the leg and not very comfortable. The bad dealer I HAD, was a dealer for these. They would not fuel one up and let me demo it.

1st impressions
03-07-2001, 08:48 AM
captdevo

I own 2 Kawasaki KBL23A string trimmers and am going out today to pick up a third one. For the price they are hard to beat. They are really light especially for the power they put out. The average price I paid was about $225.
Last year I did have a clutch burn out but it was covered under warranty and the dealer gave me a loaner. I always hope to get 2 years out of my 2-cycle equipment and I feel Kawasaki will do that.
The other trimmer that I really liked was the Shindaiwa T20. It too was light and powerful but it was tough getting replacement parts for. I have things are better now. Price is the same as the Kaw.

P.s. The loop handle never bothered me. You can always take a handle off an old trimmer.

captdevo
03-08-2001, 08:22 PM
Hey, thanx for the response!!