PDA

View Full Version : Lawn seeder

TNWS
07-24-2005, 07:52 AM
Because of the hot dry weather, I have several spots ( big / small ) in my lawn with dead grass. :realmad:

Anyone use or know of a company that makes a seeder that plants grass without tilling the dirt first ?? :help:

turfcobob
07-28-2005, 10:55 AM
There are any number of them out there. They are called slitseeders. This is because they have high speed vertical rotating blades that cut through the thatch layer and into the soil. They drop the seed first and stir the seed and soil together so they can go into the slits cut by the blades.

There are a number of mfgs of these type of units in all price ranges from just over a $1000 to several thousand. Depends on what you want in features and what you want to spend.

If you are totally new at this I would advise you to go rent one. You get to try a unit out without buying it. Also you willj probably get one with considerable time on it, usually in bad condition. Unless you get one of those rarte rental shops that keep their equipment up to mfg. specs and repaired. Anyway it allows you to try different brands without buyiing. The biggest mistake most people make is they jump right in buy a piece of equipment and they are stuck with it usually for years.

Try before you buy....Did ya ever go buy a brand new truck ya never heared of without driving it??

Turfcobob