PDA

View Full Version : Lazer Ultra Vac System

Robert Burnham
03-06-2001, 10:51 PM
On occasion I need to vacumm up clippings and leaves with my mowers. Has anyone used the ultra-vac attachment for the Lazer HP and is it any good. Also, does the vac pulverize the grass clippings and leaves like a walker mower system does? Does the system rob a lot of power from the mower, as the one I looked at is belt driven from the deck pulleys. Any info is appreciated - thanks.

SDF250
03-06-2001, 11:27 PM
i heard that they work great not a big loss of power

Cutter1
03-06-2001, 11:31 PM
I have the vac on my HP. Works great and doesn't take any power from the engine. I have the 23 Kaw and it runs strong with double blades and the vac on it. Chops debris into tiny pieces. The bags are easy to empty and over all I am very happy with it. I'm sure the other guys who have will agree with me. The one thing I don't like about it is the space it takes up on the trailer.

joshua
03-06-2001, 11:38 PM
i'm waiting for mine to come in, i can't wait to get it. i'm gunna have 3 bags on the back, the dealer said no power loss, now i won't have to get off the mower to empty so much on my bigger accounts. i don't even have it yet and i love it. just the fact that the bags will hold 5 times as much as a little 2.5 bushel bag has me excited. i paid $1200 for the whole system and to get it instoled.

65hoss
03-07-2001, 12:21 AM
An ultra what?

Just kidding. I do like mine. I have done many leaf jobs with it this year. It also does a good job with grass.

As far a chopping, well there are fins in there. They are made for moving air. They do chop leaves up going in. But as for grass, well no. The fins are plastic and not sharp, they do not cut the grass up anymore than the blades do. Although, with double blades and 1 being a gator, you would be able to cut the grass up into little pieces.

My opinion is, this bagger was made for the purpose of using a midmount in the winter doing leaves and spring cleanups. It really isn't meant to handle grass all the time. That is what the mulch kit is for. If your purpose was to handle grass always, then you better go looking at the walker.

Cutter1
03-09-2001, 01:16 AM
Hoss.....Plastic fins?? Have you looked inside at your fan?? Thats stainless steel. Unless you got ripped off and got a plastic fan!! :)