PDA

View Full Version : survey

joshua
03-06-2001, 11:56 PM
i would like to get some input on the average dollar amount of what you guys get for a account per week for cutting? jusr give a estimte if you can. also if you have the average on how long it takes you guys to cut the grass,i know some jobs are bigger than others and prices are too. i'm trying to get a national rate to compare to my own

my average is around $27 to $30 per cut and the average time is around 25 to 30 mins.

Scraper
03-07-2001, 08:45 AM
That question's all over the board...could range from $25-100. I average $45-50/hour.

kutnkru
03-07-2001, 09:05 AM
This year I am shooting for the Grand Slam!!!

$1.50/minute = $90/hour for mowing
(+ trimming and blowing operations)

Kris

SummitFarmer
03-07-2001, 10:22 AM
Kru
You mean you are going to charge $90/hr just to mow and then additional $$ to trim and blow!! :eek: Don't think that would fly here in the mid-west. Probably lucky to get $60/hr to do the whole shootin' match.

kutnkru
03-07-2001, 10:49 AM
Yes that is correct. We are going to be trimming every other week only. I figure if you shoot for the stars you just might end up with the moon. Of course, that.ll probably be their reaction to tell me to kiss it -LOL.

This is going to be for all new contracts. I.ll see how many I get and how many I dont. You never know, our clients went for upfront billing to keep us and I cant imagine thers no one in our market tired of poor workmanship. I am hoping to provide Mercedes quality at Cadillac prices.

If it doesnt fly theres always the old prcing structure if I truely want to take on the new clients.

Kris

Green Finger
03-07-2001, 10:58 AM
So Kru,

You guys are cutting bi-weekly?

Mike Paulsen
03-07-2001, 11:11 AM
Dollar a minute .Kris I hope that works trimming every other week. I wanted to do that to but havent got up the nerve to try it yet. Let me know how it flys. I finally put my snow account on seasonal last year and it was a hit.I was trying to get less and ended up with more.Got to find were their limit is.

kutnkru
03-07-2001, 11:27 AM
GF

We have lowered the number of cuts this season from 32 to 28 and will be trimming every other week only -still mowing weekly.

Mike
I would gather that you should be alright. We started out by only trimming every second week from June thru September. We didnt have any complaints. I truely believe that if we are on top of things, and do a complete job when we show up that they wont know the difference.

One thing you could try doing is use a stick-edger one the walks and curbs every other cut and it should hold until the next time you cut. The other thing you may want to do is cut back on the trimming along bed edges.

We use a trencher in the spring and will be maintaining them every other cutting as well. Im not looking to cut corners, but I personally feel that we are over-doing-it so to speak from some points.

If you have any questions Mike send me an e-mail and I will elaborate further.

Good Luck this season!
Kris

GreenQuest Lawn
03-07-2001, 12:08 PM
$50.00 per hr for one guy. It all depends on what equipment you run also. Someone that runs a 36" WB probably wont make as much per hr as someone with a 60" lazer. I did add all mine up for ya and it came out to be 45.78 average. But keep in mind i do small as well as large. The range is from 20.00 per wk to 180.00.

Kru,
Do you trim lower than the cut to compensate for trimming every other week?

kutnkru
03-07-2001, 12:14 PM
No Sir. Just looking to avoid the overkill or unecessary time associated with trimming. If it needs it we would do it. Most of the time, it can go two weeks. I also have found that it keeps the edges not only uniform, but has a fuller look as well.

Kris

Scraper
03-07-2001, 12:30 PM
I'll secon KnK on the trimming...if it does not need it I do not do it. Usually from June to September every other week suffices. You can see the time it saves. Usually home an hour or two earlier on weeks I don't trim.

Mike Paulsen
03-07-2001, 12:55 PM
I was going to try a growth regulator on the trim areas. Do you think it would be cost effective.

kutnkru
03-07-2001, 01:02 PM
Im glad that you brought that up Mike. I have no formal dealings with them, but when I was posting about the trimming this thought came to mind. If we use alot of t-line along fences and the like, (esp. chainlink) would it not be worth the investment to try applying them in these areas to cut back on expenses - would one save more than the other or wipe each other out??

Just wondering.
Kris

Mike Paulsen
03-07-2001, 01:12 PM
On some commercial account we can just kill the grass away from things and get away with it and it is very cost effective. But home owner don't like the look and i don't blame them. That's why I thought about the regulator.

Mike Paulsen
03-07-2001, 01:17 PM
On some commercial account we can just kill the grass away from things and get away with it and it is very cost effective. But home owner don't like the look and i don't blame them. That's why I thought about the regulator.

Mike Paulsen
03-07-2001, 01:24 PM

65hoss
03-07-2001, 05:05 PM
I think we got it mike. :D