PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Monkey and Handspring...

KirbysLawn
03-07-2001, 12:47 AM
Still getting use to the software but I must say I think this will be an excellent addition to my business. Tried it this week and it had all my route jobs right there on my PDA ready for work. The Handspring Visor Deluxe now has a $50 rebate, makes it a little better deal.

Ray

lsylvain
03-08-2001, 09:57 AM
I got a demo on lawn monkey, I don't like it. I don't see the advantage of it over quickbooks pro 2001. It does do the routing wich is cool but i think $ for $ quickbooks is a better product.

just my opinion.

sgreanbean
03-08-2001, 10:55 AM
I have quick books, i tried lawn monkey and didnt care for it. I have heard that CLIP is real good but never seen it.
Do any of you guys use it, if so how is it?

bridges
03-08-2001, 12:09 PM
I use lawnmonkey and love it. I had switch from quickbooks

GroundKprs
03-08-2001, 12:55 PM
To understand the use of Lawnmonkey, Clip or any other program for our business or any other, you have to be able to ask and answer a few questions. Or a least think the answers are worth $$$. Did you ever forget to write down a customer request, and have to revisit the site to effect their request? How much time did you waste last year is such callbacks? How much time do you spend each week planning your routes on paper? How much time all last year? How much time do you spend recording the last week`s business? How much time all last year? Did you ever forget to bill for something, remember it 6 mon later, then just forget about it? How many $$ last year? How long do you spend invoicing or billing for services? How much time all year? What percentage of your business is mowing? Edging? Cleanups? Fertilizing? Aerating? Etc, etc? Which service is more profitable? And many other mundane detail questions.Twelve yrs ago there was no green industry software. I wrote my own programming - rudimentary, most assuredly, but functional. 5 years ago we got a notebook computer and realized the dream of no paper, no remember business. Only paperwork is the contract the client signs, the legislated pesticide reports to clients, and the bill they get. Have a 12-year history of every property in truck at all times - that is work history, not financial. Financial all kept on desktop in office.

Accounting programs like Quicken, Quickbooks, Peachtree, can keep track of finances easily. But there is a much bigger time eating function in business that industry specific programs can help with. You can set up a new account one time, and everything is planned for the rest of the season. Billing is accomplished with a simple procedure, no remembering or calculating. And reports are available at any time for a comprehensive record of many costs and functions.