PDA

View Full Version : Machine that lays down concrete wall??

griffy77
07-25-2005, 07:19 PM
My dad told me today that there is this new machine that can lay down a concrete retaining wall around flower beds. It sounds like what you might find when highway crews make curbs. A machine takes the concrete and forms it into a curb. Has anyone heared about this machine? Any info would be great.

Dirty Water
07-25-2005, 08:13 PM
Its called a power curber, it can come in huge highway median sizes, or small enough to do a landscape bed.

Heres two pictures:

http://www.drequip.com/products/images/curb-01.gif

This is a commercial road one.

Heres a landscaping one:

http://www.millerspreader.com/image/350.jpg

You can find them at rental stores, or buy them for a few grand.

griffy77
07-26-2005, 10:46 AM
is there anyone here using this in landscaping? I checked out Kwick Kurb that is some eurostyle brick that is being used. Has anybody delt with them? Is it worth looking into this?

bigviclbi
07-26-2005, 07:31 PM
The curbing for landscape edging ads I see it looks putrid and cheap...probably will be a big seller to old people :)

Dreams To Designs
07-28-2005, 04:18 PM
I'd have to second Vic's opinion. It is very cheap looking and it restricts those beds that are edged, to that size forever. Too much hardscape is not a good thing, especially when its just colored concrete. It's something you need to see for yourself to make a decision

Kirk

buffalo bill
07-28-2005, 05:43 PM
I have seen the work finished yet never used the machine. I will say
the end product has very little visual impact and looks as though
it was there for years and needs to be removed.

UNISCAPER
07-30-2005, 09:32 AM
It is very common in our area for clients to request mow curbing upon installtion of landscapes. Comming from the midwest, I have always thought it is moronic, however, it someone demands it be doneand is willing to pay us $15.00 per running foot for (usually multiplied by 200 or more feet) then we do it. As far as the machines like the little bubba, and such, those machines look cheap. We simply pour a 6x6x6 curb level with the ground. The curbing machines dump the mud over the grade and it looks terrible.