PDA

View Full Version : Anyone mind sharing.....

Drafto
07-25-2005, 11:09 PM
Some of the warranty clauses covered in your hardscaping contracts? How much tolerance do you put in for settling? 1/4"? Joint sand? How long do you cover it staying in the joints? I offer a 5 year warranty, I pretty much fix anything that would go wrong to keep my customers happy, but I was just wondering about specific clauses some of you might use.

Dan

mbella
07-25-2005, 11:36 PM
Great post Dan. I was just thinking about this. I offer a five year warranty as well. I have been trying to spell out exactly what that means. I cannot find any information on what can be reasonably expected in the first five years. I am two years into my business and no problems yet. I guess that's why I have procrastinated so long. I'm interested to see some of the provisions others include in their contracts.

Drafto
07-25-2005, 11:41 PM
Hey Mike - Long time no speak! You must be married with a 2 year old also, you don't by anychace have one on the the way too do you? 2nd is coming September 22nd, looks like more long hours at the computer to calm me down!

I just don't want to put in my contract "If the customer finds anything wrong over the next 5 years I will come fix it". While that is an exaggeration, it is not clearly defined in my contract so it might as well say that! I know Chris from C and G Landscaping was bragging about his contract in some thread before but I can't find it.

Dan

mbella
07-26-2005, 12:10 AM
Dan, I wouldn't pay too much attention to Chris' warranty. He told me he doesn't honor it. It's just a sales pitch. The warranty he does honor is the tailight warranty. Just kidding Chris. No need to pay me a visit.