PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed trailer guys, need your help!!

SouthernYankee
07-26-2005, 10:53 AM
Finally got a pace 6x12 enclosed trailer

I want to attach my trimmer racks to 2x4s which will be attached to the steel studs of the trailer.I have the hardware to attach the trimmer racks to the studs, but I was wondering what size/type screws I need to use to attach the 2x4s to the steel studs? I have those crappy luan trailer walls also, so that is why I need the 2x4s.

Toy2
07-26-2005, 05:24 PM
I have the same cheap walls, I just screwed my Trimmer Trap to the steel studs, its been six months and its still up, I used self tapping screws, and washers....I know I sent pics to anothe LCO who had the same issue....good luck

Petr51488
07-26-2005, 06:21 PM
I would say not to attach it to the vertical studs. You never know how well its holding in. Take a look at the pics i sent u.. This worked best for me. I also used bolts with a washer and nut. Heres the pic...

RedWingsDet
07-26-2005, 07:26 PM
I have the same problem. toy2, what size screws did you use, im leary of going through the outside of the trailer.

Toy2
07-26-2005, 08:43 PM
Find my thread called TT, It has pics of everything.... I installed this thing and I can say it has not moved, there is no way it will come off the wall , I did not want the 2x4 look anyway, I need all the space I can handle, in my old thread it shows the size of the screws, I drilled into the wall with the small screws, tossed them after using them as a drill bit, did not want to use a drill bit anyway....risk of going straight though the wall...then got a fresh screw(longer) 1 1/2 will work fine..... used a small socket and I was done, I did move them closer, 32'' it still worked, came out sweet. Let me know if you have trouble finding it. :)

RedWingsDet
07-26-2005, 10:21 PM
awesome. thank you....

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=106302