PDA

View Full Version : Opinions On Hedge Trimming?

JOEWOOD
07-27-2005, 02:56 PM
http://img334.imageshack.us/img334/6049/gw32ct8vr.jpg

Hire :rolleyes: Or Fire :cry: This New Guy

BigChaz
07-27-2005, 03:03 PM
one on the left is the best looking one

Needs a little practice and someone to show where he needs to cut more and where he needs to cut less to make a nicer round

Mr. Magpie
07-27-2005, 03:06 PM
Trim that crap, blow it out into the lawn, mow it over. Piece of cake.

If you do a good job on the round ones, they will value you a lot more because customers perceive those to be harder and thus more happy that they found someone who can do them well.

Also, those round ones aren't perfectly round, so it will not be so easy to screw up on them = quicker job.

You are a lawn guy right? Do your job, man!

My bro and I are in the mindset that if a job looks tough, we are smart enough to MAKE it an easy job. There are enough strategies and options in the kind of work to make any job profitable, up to a point.

Mr. Magpie
07-27-2005, 03:08 PM
Crap, just realized you are the prop. owner. That guy sucks. Mention to him that he sucks and see if he will shape up. THen boot him.

JOEWOOD
07-27-2005, 03:32 PM
http://www.fotosearch.com/thumb/IMZ/IMZ001/jbo0001.jpg

I'm not the Property Owner Mr. Magpie, (would like to be :) ) this guy is a Trial Employee!
The rest of the Landscaping he does Fairly Well though.

Joe... :waving:

6'7 330
07-27-2005, 03:38 PM
I hope he performs his other jobs better then he trimmed those bushes.
Very poor work on the bushes, think I would take him off the bush crew lol

John Gamba
07-27-2005, 04:35 PM
Show him how if hes good elsewhere. You may also be using to long of a trimmer. I have found if i use a short trimmer it makes the round go easier.
John

freddyc
07-30-2005, 12:29 AM
get him a flo-bee??

TScapes
08-01-2005, 10:13 AM
Can't quite tell if those are boxwoods or compactas. Plus, it looks as though you've got new growth already forming. Based on that, it has been 1-2 weeks since he pruned. I think it looks okay, but it depends on what your standards are and what your expectations were. Personally, I think that they should all be pruned to the same height, and the hedge row in the distance needs some leveling. If he pruned that too, he probably just followed what was already there, so don't punish him for that. Explain your expectations to him and give him another shot.

Mancinioldhorse
08-02-2005, 05:30 AM
an easy job if you just take the time to do it right...THE FIRST TIME!...explain that to him...take your time...(not too long) but do it right...then check it...fix anything...then move on. Haste makes waste...Gawd did I say that? But it is true...too many jobs like that and you could lose the account.

TURFLORD
08-07-2005, 08:05 AM
A swarm of locusts could do a better job. Make him pull weeds instead.

LawnScapers of Dayton
08-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Or maybe you could give him some OJT......to help him do a better job.

JKOOPERS
09-13-2005, 02:15 AM
i hate seeing shrubs trimmed like that . some people just dont know how to trim bushes. theres nothing worst when someone plants a row of shrubs that should be formed into a hedge and they trim them seperately.