PDA

View Full Version : need help with an area under a tree on a slope, grass is washed out, what should i do

clydesdale
07-28-2005, 07:37 PM
Any idea? I am thinking maybe replant grass on this slope, but it will require periodic reseeding. This area gets water that runs off the hill above it. Any thoughts?

mcwlandscaping
07-28-2005, 07:40 PM
put down straw. i found that shredded straw works even better because it decomposes if it is shredded enough so you don't have to pick it up. Worked for me.

clydesdale
07-28-2005, 08:23 PM
Sorry, i should have been more specific. I am talking about not during the seeding process. This area actually had full grass, but over time it thinned out and washed out. So i guess i could reseed but keep on top of it and overseed as necessary. Is there a better type of grass for a slope.

mcwlandscaping
07-28-2005, 08:53 PM
I didn't read the whole thing but try this link on types of grasses.
GOOD LUCK! Let me know what you decide to do for future reference.

http://www.gardenplace.com/content/calculator/seeds.html

You could also do a google search if this doesn't help.

Green-Pro
07-28-2005, 11:57 PM
Any idea? I am thinking maybe replant grass on this slope, but it will require periodic reseeding. This area gets water that runs off the hill above it. Any thoughts?

I have a problem area exactly like that, customer wants mulch around tree but it is on a slope & mulch, seed, etc. washes out. I'm going to put a half ring around the tree out of curved King Block (wall block) to help build the area up level & then mulch.

-Geoff

roushjh
07-29-2005, 12:00 AM
Your description in kinda vague.

Have you considered terracing with some landscaping? Perhaps timbers or landscaping bricks? What is the size of the area your having problems with?