PDA

View Full Version : Best looking lawn

Baseballer1100
07-29-2005, 03:32 PM
I am working on an account now and the lawn is terrible it is about 2 acres full of weeds mixied in with bluegrass and zoyzia. When is the best time to put down fertilizer and what kind of fertilizer should i use to get rid of all the weeds also how do i get the grass to be just kentucky bluegrass.

mcwlandscaping
07-30-2005, 12:28 AM
It may be so bad that the whole thing has to be redone. Kb grass is tricky. If it is not kept thick, then it seems to be the most welcoming type of grass for weeds. If you do want all KB grass, i would suggest starting the lawn over. I did that at my house and the lawn does not have a single weed in it. Sorry for the bad news, but mowing sucky grass, well, sucks! Another thing, KB grass benifits greatly from a sprinkler system since it is amoung the top 3 most water needed grasses. It worked for me. Watering 2 acres by hand would suck too. You can make some extra money from the sprinkler system install too. Present this to the customer. GOOD LUCK!

Baseballer1100
07-30-2005, 11:08 AM
i would really love to redo the lawn but i have no experience doing so and much less the equipment otherwise i would.

mcwlandscaping
07-30-2005, 11:14 AM
I don't think the problem can be just fixed. Post some pictures so I can give you a definitive answer.

iluvscag
07-30-2005, 12:08 PM
It may be so bad that the whole thing has to be redone. Kb grass is tricky.

Ahahahahha. You have no idea. :)

Baseballer1100
07-30-2005, 08:06 PM
Will post some pictures say sunday Expenses are not the problem its more to do with experience.

bad_chad48
08-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Where in Ky are you located, I may be able to help if you are close enough

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC
08-05-2005, 03:56 PM
WHERE TO START ?............ITS COMING UP ON FALL REAL FAST so you need a good plan. here s what i would do if the customer has the money.

BEFORE ANYTHING CONSIDER WHAT A PITA KB GRASS IS. IT NEEDS MORE WATER /FERTILIZER / INSECT AND FUNGUS CONTROL THAN IS REALLY WORTH IT UNLESS YOUR NAME IS DON TRUMP OR BILL GATES. CONSIDER TURF TYPE TALL FESCUE IT WILL SAVE YOU AND YOUR CUSTOMER BIG MONEY AND EVEN BIGGER HEADACHES. ALMSOT ALL OF THE GUIYS AROUND HERE ARE CONVERTING THE LAWNS THEY SERVICE OVER TO TTFECUE/BLUE/RYE LAWNS. MOST SEED COMPANIES ARE OFFERING MIXES THAT BLEND VERY WELL TOGETHER AND GET THE RESULTS YOU WANT.

1 when you get a cool week(under 90) a broadcast app of something like lesco eliminate and msma......... or better yet DRIVE

2 1st week of september spray any zoysia with a heavy dose of roundup

3 2nd or 3rd week use a sodcutter and remove the old dead zoysia --- fill in those areas with good topsoil rent an aerator and go to town!!! at least Triple aerate use a good quality seed and a quality starter fertilizer

4 stay off the lawn !!!!!!!