PDA

View Full Version : CLIENTS PAYING YOU ON LINE

ron
03-07-2001, 08:59 PM
HEY just got pay pal on my web site do you think this will work for clients who want to make a payment with there cc's all they have to do is log onto my website and pay..what do you all think about this.....save money on stamps,they can also pay with checks online..

crew
03-07-2001, 09:04 PM
I think its a great idea. Ive been thinking about it myself. What percentage do you give to pay pal? what are any other costs associated with using this? can you set people up to charge thier account on the same day monthly?
Please keep us posted on how this works out.

ron
03-07-2001, 09:10 PM
Well it depends on what the amount you take in per month check it out http://www.paypal.com
the process is all free it took me 20 minutes to set up

ron
03-07-2001, 09:30 PM
Ok using cc's under $15.00 .30 $15.00 or more 2.2% + .30
Non cc Checking account or paypal balance under $15.00 .30 $15.00 or more 1.6% to .30 maximum fee of $5.00

Fees are charged on incomming payments only No fees for sending money

Personall accounts remain free fees are the same for recieving international payments..

JJ Lawn
03-07-2001, 11:08 PM
Shortly after signing up to Pay Pal to make a credit card transaction I received a letter from my bank saying that they needed to issue a new credit card, and that the old one was no longer valid. Seems an online service ( bank did not state with one) had been hacked and credit card info was stolen. Coincident? . I don't know, but I hadn't made any credit card purchase's for about 2 months prior to that. I haven't used Pay Pal since.

Again, I do not know if it was Pay Pal that was hacked. It could have been someone else as far as I know. But it did seem kind of related to me.

Jim

ron
03-07-2001, 11:21 PM
WOW did you read the contract for using pay pal they guarantee no hacking of there use if it happens they are insured to protect ya up to $100,000. FICA ....I am not worried about any hackers.....