PDA

View Full Version : cemetary mowing help! help!

red wing
03-07-2001, 08:08 PM
I know there is a lot of threads on this subject but I am still a little confused as to pricing If I bid them for 90 dollars per mowing and trimming can I come out alright with crews that I pay 10 dollars per hour How long does it take per acre with lots of stones thank you

visions landscape
03-07-2001, 09:25 PM
Your ? is not clear to me, For 90.00 per mowing I hope its not more than two acres. We used to mow and old cemetery( upright stones) it was hell on our decks and the flowers that people stuck in ground instead of a proper vase were hell to string trim around. not a money maker for us

cantoo
03-07-2001, 10:24 PM
We do one that is about 2 acres and hasn't got that many stones. It takes about 2 1/2 hrs or more to cut and we trim every other time, takes about the same amount of time. It is my wife's church so it's priced that way. We get Can$130 per cut. They can be a real pain to cut, we also use Walkers mowers and collect to save time blowing off stones.

kutnkru
03-08-2001, 01:51 AM
I have not personally contracted to do any cemetaries outside of plots for a few of our customers. I would think that because of the extensive time necessary for trimming and the risk of damage to the decks that I would bid them as follows:

Mowing: $60/hr for each machine.
Trimming: $35/hr for each unit.
Blowers: $22/hr for each unit.

I realize that these prices are steep but I think that we have to be able to recuperate what would have otherwise been lost for a contract of flat wide area mowing.

Just my .02
Kris